bottling and brewing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sok454

Reaction score
So I'm bottingling my first brew today... as well as brewing another batch.... woo hoo!!!

So I'm bottingling my first brew today... as well as brewing another batch.... woo hoo!!!

Bottled my first Saturday will be two weeks ago. It's all i can do to keep from opening at least one of them but I'm going to wait four weeks before I do. Although starting Saturday I'm tempted to take one beer a week and put it in the fridge, just so I can compare the difference. I have another brew frementing and will start another batch again this Saturday.

My IPA came out at 1.078 OG... dang... going to take a while to condition I have a feeling.

I've considered doing this before, but the amount of house space/time that it would take would send my housemates up a wall. Those that have bottled a batch and brewed another in a day, how do you tend to go about it?

I take over the kitchen to bottle, then outside to brew. I'm currently fermenting in what is usually my bottling bucket, so I have to juggle equipment a bit, but I have 2 other buckets so I'm not gonna hassle it. The wife and I get along fairly well when it comes to my hobby/obsession, so as long as I'm not hogging the kitchen when she's cooking, all is well. Cheers!

Tominator

Make sure you take a look at that bottling sticky, it will give you a huge hand up on bottling. But do it well before you bottle. There are some things to do that cost a couple bucks at the hardware store that will make your bottling super efficent.

I've got my bottling down to about 30 minutes (bottle prep 10 minutes active time, bottle jet and dishwasher cycle). I waste about a tablespoon of beer while bottling. Take a look at the bottling sticky it helps alot.

thx brewerbear! i've been using revvy's bottling method from my second batch on, and it works great.

I've considered doing this before, but the amount of house space/time that it would take would send my housemates up a wall. Those that have bottled a batch and brewed another in a day, how do you tend to go about it?

I did some of the sanitizing/cleaning while the grains were steeping. Then while boiling I bottled. Ended up taking about 3.5 hours to bottle and brew everything. I thought that was pretty good. Add in another 30 minutes to clean up etc.

Back