what's the strangest wine you've made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwaite

Reaction score
Just thought it would be cool to see some of the odd stuff you have all made.

Subscribing to this because I am curious too, but have just started making mead so don't really have anything to add. I suppose, my strangest batch going would have to be my bochet but after reading all the threads on it it just doesn't seem that strange anymore.

I made 1 gallon of Honeysuckle Wine last May. Pics are May and today.

DSC00738.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

Well guys that's a good start but I want to hear weeeird stuff.

When I first started brewing the man at my local brew supply store told me " **** you can make wine from any thing iv made it with milk" .

nukinfuts tried to brew cream cheese. I think he just said it failed...I'm hoping he'll elaborate on what actually happened. haha

nukinfuts tried to brew cream cheese. I think he just said it failed...I'm hoping he'll elaborate on what actually happened. haha

The main problem is that I did not freeze it, because I did it in a better bottle. I took a large tub of natural cream cheese, and scooped it all into the primary. Than I added four gallons of strawberry juice, and two pounds of dexatrose. The yeast pitch was Montrachet. Fermented at around 70F for 4 weeks, than racked to secondary for another month before I gave it a taste.

It tasted good, but the cream cheese added a really sour flavor. I contribute this to it starting off at room temperature, and the fermentation being so warm. I plan to try it again the same way, but this time in an ale pale with frozen cream cheese, at around 60F, racking to a secondary again after a month.

I have been toying with the idea of fermenting urine.

I am making a batch of garlic wine tomorrow, just need to dart into the LBHS and grab another jug. Have plenty of plans for weird stuff, just haven't started :p

Nukinfutz.... wait.... what?

A friend of mine made jalapaleo wine and I just tasted it after about 6 months in the bottle.
It is surprisingly good!
Nothing but peppers and sugar.

I've made the prickly pear wine. You have to don't add to much water to it you'll loose the body of the wine.

Back