Sanitizing Grolsch Flip Tops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2pugbrews

Reaction score
My son gave me 44 Grolsch flip-tops for Christmas. Does it work to sanitize the bottles using Star San, closing the bottles and then later filling without any further sanitizing. I thought that maybe I would open the bottle, then dipping the top in Star San and filling and closing of course.
How do others sanitize their Grolschs

2pugbrews said:
My son gave me 44 Grolsch flip-tops for Christmas. Does it work to sanitize the bottles using Star San, closing the bottles and then later filling without any further sanitizing. I thought that maybe I would open the bottle, then dipping the top in Star San and filling and closing of course.
How do others sanitize their Grolschs

I clean and sanitize them like I do all the other bottles, except I take the rubber gasket off first; both parts get cleaned/sanitized separately.

Me too- and I'm also careful to make sure to sanitize the ceramic top. I put the gaskets in a bowl with sanitizer, and then put them back on right when I close them up.

I picked-up 24 of these Grolsh Flip top bottles. They are used. I socked them in warm soapy water for a half of a day. Cleaned them up. Can I use No Rinse to sanitize these bottles? Why replace the gaskets? Thanks!

I wouldnt necessarily replace all the gaskets right away, but inspect them all closely. Just a couple days ago I opened a beer with an older gasket that did not keep carbonation.

I sanitize the bottles like any other bottle, but I take the gaskets off each time.

- magno

Back