So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It stopped raining in LA for the weekend, so it's a sunny 58º F outside. I'm brewing up my long-overdue Vienna Lager promised to my brother.

brewed a cream ale today, first time in 2 months! got to use my march pump for the first time, a good day, hit all numbers.

American amber in the books, slightly distracted by the playoff games, but yielded an extra gallon at the same gravity. Nice!

Brewed a near-clone of Boulder Beer Company Mojo IPA yesterday.

11.5 2-row
2.0 crystal-20
0.50 flaked barley (recipe called for wheat)
1.25 Nugget 60
1.0 Amarillo 23
0.8 Cascade 10
0.75 Cascade 5
0.50 Cascade 0
Nottingham Dry

OG should have been mid-70's, but came out 1.072 ish

The grain is mashing right now on a recipe I kinda sorta based on an Arrogant Bastard clone. I was reading work email and forgot my tun was preheating and missed the mash temp by a few degrees. Good thing I had some boiling water ready. Back to where I needed in no time. Guess I should weigh some hops now.

I have a double brew day tomorrow. I will be making a RoggenBock and doing my first attempt at a decoction mash also my friend got a brewing kit on Christmas as well as a Brewer's Best Irish Stout kit that he will be doing along side of me.

If time allows I need to do at least 5 gallons. Scheduled to work though. I learned what Keg Conditioning is today! Yeah for me! Got to keep my fermenters going.

Got an All Grain HobGoblin in mind. Hope this recipe is good.

DOUBLE BATCH WEEKEND!!!!!

Blood Orange Hefe AND AHB's Dead Guy Clone. :ban:

And I get to keg my Chinook IPA! And I'm getting home made smoked salmon pizza for brew day! :rockin:

Making a Brown Rye beer with Caraway seed. Was gonna mix it up and use a belgian yeast strain, but never had time to get a starter going. Going to use dry Nottingham instead.

Double batch weekend also.

Blood Orange Hefeweizen and Chocolate Hazelnut Porter.

Planning an English IPA for this afternoon. Haven't settled on a recipe yet, so anyone who has a great one let me know. For now I am planning on doing the one from brewing classic styles.

Russian Imperial stout yesterday.... Tried my own extract recipe (will post once it turns out ok). Starting Gravity is 1.084

just finished up a tweaking of my porter recipe, its 20 degrees and snowing, it was not a smart day to brew. I had trouble hitting my mash temp (wanted 156 got 152) and the first day with my new fly sparge method had quite the ups and downs (mostly downs), still, hit my gravity... next time i'll wait till its a bit warmer

Will be starting a batch of Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale in a few minutes. It's chilly out (35 degrees), the banjo burners will feel good.

Just finished back to backs.

5 gallons Ball Thumper IPA.
10 Gallons O'Fallon Gold clone. (local micro brew)

I'm tired. Time for the hot tub and a glass of Moscow Nights RIS.

Up early tomorrow to brew 10 gallons of Uncommonly Lucky from Brewing Classic Styles. Will also get 5 more gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein going at some point.

15 gallons of alcohol. Mmmmmmn.

Going to do an Arrogant Bastard clone tomorrow. Back to Extracts as my hot tub brewery is temporarily out of business as the wife moved the contents of the attic in there in prep for an addition.

I haven't done extract in a while, but crap $43 for extract for one batch. AG would have been around $15.

brewed an Old Ale on friday and found some cheap bulk grain, so hopefully the brewing will be picking up soon!

Back