Priming sugar measurment for founders breakfast stout clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daytron3000

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm bottling my founder's breakfast stout clone tomorrow and the recipe calls for 0.75 oz of corn sugar. The past couple beers I've made I've noticed they are a little too much carbonated. To avoid this again, what do you guys think on the priming for tomorrow and how many cups of water should I add?

Thanks!

Also, when I did mine, I used 3.6 oz of sugar to get it to carb it to 2.1 vols. It was carbed perfectly, but I'm not sure what my final volume was.

Hey guys,

I'm bottling my founder's breakfast stout clone tomorrow and the recipe calls for 0.75 oz of corn sugar. The past couple beers I've made I've noticed they are a little too much carbonated. To avoid this again, what do you guys think on the priming for tomorrow and how many cups of water should I add?

Thanks!

Does the amount of water have that much bearing? I can never get a straight answer either on how much to use; I've heard 1 cup and I've heard 2 1/2 for the same brew? So, do you just mix it with "some" water...?

Does the amount of water have that much bearing? I can never get a straight answer either on how much to use; I've heard 1 cup and I've heard 2 1/2 for the same brew? So, do you just mix it with "some" water...?

It's not terribly important. I used to use 1 cup, but then some people on here said to use 2 cups, so it will mix better (makes sense). I haven't really noticed a difference, but I have continued to use 2 cups.

For a 5 gallon batch I boil 3/4 cup priming sugar with 2 cups water for about a minute. I have perfect carb every time.

Back