What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it different from the 12.21.12?

Sadly, I didn't get to try the 12.21. None have been released here yet, my wife was able to score that bottle of 02.15 for us, believe it or not.

I'm dicking around with my spare regulator for this Heady Topper clone I have going; co2 through the dip tube every few hours to dry hop, push it to a serving keg after dry hopping through one of these...

HPIM2041.jpg
That came with the Enjoy By this afternoon. Apparently black diamonds are worth something after all.....

HPIM2043.jpg
And I'm enjoying one of my faves while I play with my new toy. No complaints here. :tank:

bottlebomber said:
Just harvested my rice wine. Time to see what this stuff can do.

I know there are whole threads about this stuff, but is that the final product? Or will it settle out?

It's for all the time I've been too hungover from PtY week to post on HBT, not just one night. It is Mikkeller/ To Øl Walk on water, and it is f'ing incredible. Has a similar hop character to all of the high alcohol "hop forward" Mikkeller beers, but went down like water, a slight hint of alcohol, if anything at times, and at 14%ABV, it was a bad idea to kill two Russian River Growlers in the same evening. Also had some more 3Floyds, and the Risgoop, plus some 21A Hop Crisis, Marooned on Hog Island, and Brew Free or Die. I need to find Mr. O Sullivan and explain how my tasty crack cans were abit on the not so fresh side, and I bought them directly from them. We did find Bear Republic Tartare on draft at the whole foods in Santa Rosa as well, along with a Cantillon framboise.

That makes sense. That a lot of beers in one night :ban: . I definitely need to plan possibly going to the younger release. Probably not the day of because i dont want to wait in line but one day it'll be fun. Especially endless growlers of beer :tank:

Some of my Hopped & Confused ales,6 days in the fridge. Def needs 2 weeks. Lacing ok,taste improving with carbonation. Holds a tiny bit of head. But hey,it's mine,it's chilled,& it's friday!:mug:

Founders Centennial IPA on draft.....yum

View attachment 101438

Looks like you're at one of the airport bars. I remember doing that once while waiting with my wife for our connecting flight from Cleveland Hopkins to Chicago,the one in town that's always makin us wait to get in & out of. Big tall beer was just what the Dr ordered my friend.

Looks like you're at one of the airport bars. I remember doing that once while waiting with my wife for our connecting flight from Cleveland Hopkins to Chicago,the one in town that's always makin us wait to get in & out of. Big tall beer was just what the Dr ordered my friend.

Lol I do that everytime I fly. But not today, Im at my fiancee and I fave place Branns, half steakhouse, half Michigan craft bar

sonofgrok said:
That looks delicious

It surely is, it is expensive ($16 for 4-12oz cans) but I will definitely buy some more.

image-1808027698.jpg

Bell's Expedition Stout. I probably should have planned my evening better, 2-10.5% beers at the beginning of the night will most likely end badly. This is excellent and expensive as well.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Methinks that boozy finish is due to the ~12% abv. The malty sweetness balances it incredibly well, and yes, that baby will age well for years and years. Good $hit there.

Yessir. The sweetness holds up well against the whiskey barrel flavors. Time to put the finishing move on this baby. I will be grabbing some more for cellaring for sure.

image-1552038452.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Woohoo!! Thanks WesleyS. First three floyds.

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy them. I'm about to crack open that Pliny in just a bit.

Any of you Minnesota fells going to the Surly Pentagram release on Sunday? I'd send ya something special or whole lot of less special things for one. Two 4 packs of WNB maybe? I can try harder if need be!

And I've got a sad empty glass right now. Trying to quit drinking up all my brett dark ale, but it's drinking so well right now I think that's where I'm headed next. Maybe I'll stretch it out by blending it with a stout or two.

Back