Push locks for kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaksnbeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Placing an order for push lock fittings. Price is $2.06-$1.83depending on order amounts the more the cheaper they get. 1/4 flare x 5/16 OD and 1/4 flare 1/4 OD depending on what size tube. That Bev-flex 5/16 OD 3/16 ID been 2 years no beer leaks.

image-2379173315.jpg

accu. Bev flex line smallest is 3/16 i.d. And a 5/16 o.d. Anything smaller is made for water. I run the 1/4 x 1/4 fitting for my gas lines

1/4 = 4/16 > 3/16

I have 1/4 barrier tubing. Have not ran it ust. Still constructing. But it is a 25ft gustom made insulated truck line. The beer lines are 1/4 ang glycol are 3/8

1/4 = 4/16 > 3/16
I have 1/4 barrier tubing. Have not ran it ust. Still constructing. But it is a 25ft gustom made insulated truck line. The beer lines are 1/4 ang glycol are 3/8

Wow, 1/4" ID and only 25'? In case you're not aware, the accuflex bev-seal ultra line has significantly less resistance than vinyl or poly lines.

Wow, 1/4" ID and only 25'? In case you're not aware, the accuflex bev-seal ultra line has significantly less resistance than vinyl or poly lines.

Yea. I ran the numbers. The vertical distance is the reason. Kreezer is in the basement, tap is upstairs. I might have to add some restrictor lines, but the numbers did not work using 3/16

As for the glycol, dont need any fittings. So 1/4 tube od is 3/8s? So i could use 8 beer ones (1/4 flare x3/8)and 18 for gas, what is the best for gas? Thinking i want to use these on my regs and disconnects. Will make cleaning a lines that i backflowed easy. I assume they make flares that i can screw into ball valves after my secondary regs. I have not ordered my gas line yet. What size barrier tubing is best for gas?

Yea. I ran the numbers. The vertical distance is the reason. Kreezer is in the basement, tap is upstairs. I might have to add some restrictor lines, but the numbers did not work using 3/16

As for the glycol, dont need any fittings. So 1/4 tube od is 3/8s? So i could use 8 beer ones (1/4 flare x3/8)and 18 for gas, what is the best for gas? Thinking i want to use these on my regs and disconnects. Will make cleaning a lines that i backflowed easy. I assume they make flares that i can screw into ball valves after my secondary regs. I have not ordered my gas line yet. What size barrier tubing is best for gas?

I am going with 1/4npt (reg) x 1/4 O.D. tube and 1/4 flare x 1/4 O.D. tube as the gas is pressure more than flow.(I know that there is a a relationship but at the low pressures were using it's not a problem.

I am going with 1/4npt (reg) x 1/4 O.D. tube and 1/4 flare x 1/4 O.D. tube as the gas is pressure more than flow.(I know that there is a a relationship but at the low pressures were using it's not a problem.

Ok. Great info. Btw, where are you ordering these from? I have one last issue i need to resolve. My tap has stainless 3/16 beer lines. I have 1/4 trunks links, do they make tube x tube fittings? I would prob need 5/16 x 3 /8
So if this is a group buy, here is where i am at.

Gas
20x 1/4npt (reg) x 1/4 O.D. tube
20x 1/4 flare x 1/4 O.D. tube

Beer
6x 1/4 flare x 3/8 O.D. tube
6x 5/16 O.D. tube x 3/8 O.D. tube

Beer, other kegerator

5x 1/4 flare x 5/16 O.D. tube

Glycol

3x 1/2 O.D. tube x 3/8 O.D. tube

Edit, just checked where i ordered the lines from, glycol od id 1/2. Tower is 3/8 od

1/4 barrier lines od is 3/8

image-741043668.jpg

image-3334681753.jpg

My little tap Doggy you can verify the ends I check the website thats what I saw. Suguy did you need all 5/16 tube x 1/4 flare these fit the QD s will start a running total will run this like a groupbuy for week 2max

Ok. Great info. Btw, where are you ordering these from? I have one last issue i need to resolve. My tap has stainless 3/16 beer lines. I have 1/4 trunks links, do they make tube x tube fittings? I would prob need 5/16 x 3 /8
So if this is a group buy, here is where i am at.

Gas
10x 1/4npt (reg) x 1/4 O.D. tube
10x 1/4 flare x 1/4 O.D. tube

Beer
6x 1/4 flare x 3/8 O.D. tube
6x 5/16 O.D. tube x 3/8 O.D. tube

Glycol
Not sure. Oversees right now and cant remember the size if the tower glycol lines.
Will check Monday but should all be good on sizes AS long as I going this far I am getting 1/4 O.D. Polyethylene tubing for myself if anyone needs I could up that as well $73per 1000'ft roll will do if we get enough to buy in

Just looking at gas tubing, you sure you want 1/4 od gas tubing? 15/32 braided is the smallest you should go for polyeth tubing. I am not sure what pressure bairre tubing can hold

1/4 O.D. x .170I.D. @ 230 psi working pressure at 50* 120 psi at 150* so should work. ;) Yellow, Black, or Red Majority will decide. I currently am running this on my stout nitro mixer output @32psi to 2 taps I doubt anyone will need to exceed 120 psi to the kegs. " THIS LINE WILL RUN FROM THE REGULATORS TO THE KEGS"

Ok, sorry to doubt you.

Will you share you source for these? Cant find them anywhere online.

I vote red and will take 100 to 200ft.

My bosses cousin owns a company that supplies the suppliers ( not sure if they make them or not) Was talking with them when they were visiting talked about beer after work they stopped by to see my kezzer and have a few they offered a couple of fitting idea's sent me couple of samples talked to them about getting a few more said may have some others H.B.er's said they could cut me a bulk rate deal so seeing if I could save some others as well as myself cash. Don't think they have a website due to the way they supply giving me a deal because of family or they liked the beer ;)

My bosses cousin owns a company that supplies the suppliers ( not sure if they make them or not) Was talking with them when they were visiting talked about beer after work they stopped by to see my kezzer and have a few they offered a couple of fitting idea's sent me couple of samples talked to them about getting a few more said may have some others H.B.er's said they could cut me a bulk rate deal so seeing if I could save some others as well as myself cash. Don't think they have a website due to the way they supply giving me a deal because of family or they liked the beer ;)

You should hook him up with bobby m at brewers hardware so we gould but these anytime :)

You should hook him up with bobby m at brewers hardware so we gould but these anytime :)

Due to the nature of the business they cannot actually sell products to other then their retailers this is kind of a one time REALLY GOOD DEAL the owner of my company is doing the bulk buy, they are really great people.

I do, but I'm not sure what size to get. I am still building the bar. Don't have any of the gas or keg related stuff yet.
Guess I'm not ready

I do, but I'm not sure what size to get. I am still building the bar. Don't have any of the gas or keg related stuff yet.
Guess I'm not ready

QD's are mfl=1/4 flare fitting. You can't go wrong with Bev-Seal Ultra 235 I.D. 3/16 O.D. 5/16 Which are the fittings most are getting I will have a dozen or so extra for spares and what not. Let me know when you ready I can still get them just not quite that cheap.

Still available? If so I'd love to get:
- 6 sized for bevseal ultra 235 3/16" ID to MFL
- 10 sized for gas lines (sounds like you're using the 1/4" OD to 1/4 MFL for that -- what size gas line do you use?)

Thanks!

Huges thanks. These are really nice and seem to be top quality. Can't believe a homebrew store does not carry them.

Back