Suggestions for a mini fridge to hold two 1/4 barrels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcat5503

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new here, but I'm loving the site already.

I'm currently converting my dining room into a bar/lounge area. I want to convert a mini fridge into a kegerator. I would like it to be able to hole two 1/4 barrels.

Any suggestions? Budget friendly always a plus!

Cheers!

You're most likely not going to find anything 'mini' to hold two 1/4 barrel kegs. They have a foot print larger than most homebrew kegs.

Most likely going to have to find an actual kegerator fridge for that. Check craigslist or get ready to shell out $400+

Man that's a bummer. I figured there was some sort of small fridge I could convert. No other suggestions?

Are you sure you have 1/4 barrel kegs? Most homebrew kegs are 1/6 barrel kegs. If it hold 5 gallons, it's a 1/6barrell keg and then you will be able to convert some mini-fridges to hold 2 of them plus your gas tank

Slim quarters? They are only 2 inches wider than cornies. I have seen guys with 3 cornies in a mini fridge. If they can fit 3 cornies you should be able to fit 2 slims.

Slim quarters? They are only 2 inches wider than cornies. I have seen guys with 3 cornies in a mini fridge. If they can fit 3 cornies you should be able to fit 2 slims.

Do you know what fridge they are using? I want to get into home brewing eventually, but for now I'll be buying kegs of my favorite beers, most of which are 1/4 barrels. If I could find one that would hold one 1/4 and one 1/6 that would be fine too

Latest posts

Back