Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you OK with numbers at running back for now?

"We have seven backs on our roster. If we add one, then we add one. If we don't, we'll go with what we've got."

LOL!!!!!!! C'mon... how can you NOT laugh at that!?

Not sure how the hell this thread has 834 pages and I have yet to be part of any of them.

Prediction: Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford all have season ending injuries (maybe a few role players too). Vikings come in second place in NFC North and miss the playoffs!!! Jared Allen once again is pure insane Redneck awesomeness!

Prediction: Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford all have season ending injuries (maybe a few role players too). Vikings come in second place in NFC North and miss the playoffs!!! Jared Allen once again is pure insane Redneck awesomeness!

uhhhh

hippo.jpg

Oh they won't need Moss, if he's got something left great, but if not oh well. Lol at calling the Niners as relevant as a CFL team. Had a bad decade, but still got 5 rings and had the greatest QB and greatest WR of all time play for them. Looking forward to the season, hope to see Willis and company continue to keep the opposing team's medical staffs busy.

lol, i actually started reading this like a new post. it took me longer than i care to admit to figure it out.

Not sure how the hell this thread has 834 pages and I have yet to be part of any of them.

woah, you guys still have a football team?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/07/quick_comments.html

I love Belichick's press conferences... He catches so much guff for them but I freakin' love them. Contrary to a lot of people's opinion, his job is to win football games, not give the media their stories and his refusal to tell them ANYTHING is actually comical now.

Personally, love his attitude towards them. Imagine some of the old time coaches like the best evar Lombardi dealin' with the circus today. Probably send in his 3rd cousin Vinnie to take care of the real obnoxious ones.

Allen lost his awesomeness when he cut off the mullet. Or is it's still there? Never see the vikings on national tv.

Allen lost his awesomeness when he cut off the mullet. Or is it's still there? Never see the vikings on national tv.

Ok, maybe he lost the redneck awesomeness but he almost broke the single season sack record last year with help on of the worst Defenses in the league. Hardly far from awesome.

cmybeer said:
Ok, maybe he lost the redneck awesomeness but he almost broke the single season sack record last year with help on of the worst Defenses in the league. Hardly far from awesome.

Isn't it funny how Brett Farve screwed you again!

I'm sure it's been said somewhere in this thread before, but as a life long niners fan it was awesome to see them playing well again. Alex smith is not an elite quarterback, at all, but I give him credit considering everything he went through in his career, and to come within a punt return away from the super bowl, was sick. If Trent dilfer can win a ring, so can Alex smith. Can't wait for this season!

I can say, I'm not excited at all about moss, but maybe someone knows something I dont

Sir.... I've seen Trent Dilfer. I know who Trent Dilfer is.

Alex Smith is no Trent Dilfer.

(see that? See how I worked in a little political humor given its election season? It's called 'versatility')

I would take Moss back in a second. He was a model teammate for the Pats. The fact that Belichick, the guy who doesn't say a word about anyone, actually held a short press conference to talk about how great Moss had been for the team, I think, speaks volumes.

I think it was a situation where he wasn't fitting into the offense as much and wanted a long term deal, which he wasn't going to get in NE, so the Pats traded him with no hard feelings.

Really? You think that, after the way he left? As I recall, we pretty unceremoniously dumped him because he was picking arguments with coaches since he wasn't getting "enough targets" anymore. Not exactly model teammate behavior when the situation wasn't ideal for him.

To be fair, I think Randy had hard feelings. He got comfortable in NE. He forgot what led up to his trade coming here and thought he was indispensible. If he had it to do over he probably would have shut his mouth, worked harder and retired a Patriot. I just don't think that is in his makeup.
He did a great job for the Pats, and you're right Cape, no one had anything bad to say about him. I hope he does well in SF, but it'll be hard for him to keep his mouth shut with Alex Smith handing off all day. Talk about taking plays off!

Really? You think that, after the way he left? As I recall, we pretty unceremoniously dumped him because he was picking arguments with coaches since he wasn't getting "enough targets" anymore. Not exactly model teammate behavior when the situation wasn't ideal for him.

Yeah.... I don't remember it going down remotely like that. What coach did he have an argument with?? And how was he "pretty unceremoniously dumped"? His production tailed off, he was going to leave after the season anyway since he was a free agent and the Pats weren't going to give him a long term deal so they traded him. And then after the trade, Belichick held a press conference to talk about what a model teammate Moss was and how the team wished him the best. This is BELICHICK we're talking about.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-.../4684777/belichicks-opening-statement-on-moss

If you insert any other team Moss played for then I agree with you guys 100% but he was a model teammate according to every comment I've ever seen, set the single season TD reception record while he was here and left the team once his time had come on, what everyone said, was incredibly good terms... So... I'm not sure what anyone has an issue with.

I thought there was a squabble with Billie O'Brien, but maybe not. If there were any issues, it wasn't until the end.

In any case, they always knew that Moss had an expiration date, and they got rid of him just before he turned rancid. You kind of got the sense near the end that things were about to turn downhill, fast.

I can't hate on Randy Moss though. But, that has the potential to get real ugly, real fast, if the quarterbacking in San Fran remains as bad as it has been.

I thought there was a squabble with Billie O'Brien, but maybe not. .

the only squabble with Billie O'Brien I remember was the one between O'Brien and Brady. And I'm not sure anyone is going to start calling Brady a cancer in the locker room.

Moss ended up with a VERY well-deserved reputation as being a team cancer but I don't remember seeing any of that while he was here... at all.

... and if he hasn't lost a step (I'm skeptical) and if Belichick thought he would fit into the offense in some way, I would be psyched to have Moss back. Take him in a second.

The_Bird had it in one - not to keep harping on old news, but here it is. Get in a shouting match with Bill O'brien, get shipped off to the Vikes for a third rounder 2 days later... So, maybe a third rounder wasn't exactly unceremonious, but it all happened pretty quickly, as described in that Mike Reiss article.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ch-bill-obrien-in-mondays-game/1#.UBKSjLR5GPY

Randy Moss had an altercation with New England Patriots QB coach Bill O'Brien at halftime of the team's Monday night win in Miami, ESPN reported.

Moss, who was held without a catch for the first time in his Patriots tenure in the 41-14 win, traded barbs with O'Brien, ESPN reported based on conversations with unnamed players.

The Patriots traded Moss to the Minnesota Vikings on Wednesday for a third-round pick.

Yeah... still not buying any of that... like I said, Brady got into a worse argument with O'Brien on the sidelines in full view of cameras (google it) and the two had to be separated.

Moss got into an arguement with him in the locker room and it was one incident. So Brady and O'Brien have to be separated on the sidelines and that's fine but Moss and O'Brien get into it in the locker room and he's "unceremoniously dumped"?? I'm not buying that at all and again, that's not how I remember that all going down remotely.

Again... Belichick comes out directly and says:

"We wish Randy the absolute best. He’s been a player I’ve had a good relationship with. He’s very honest, when I’ve asked him questions about football and personnel and things like that. He’s been very helpful to me personally. He’s been very professional and I think a good teammate and a good contributing member of this team."

"I would say this – there was never any incident or discipline problem with Randy, there never has been one with me in four years."

Why would Belichick say any of this?? Why would he go out of his way, AFTER the trade is done, to say that it was not a discipline issue? This is Belichick, who doesn't say a word about anything... ever... and could have very easily stood there for 15 minutes simply repeating over and over again, "It was in the best interest of the team" without a single word about Moss specifically.

I think you guys are fishing for something that wasn't there.... but he has a huge reputation for.

His production was falling way off... they weren't signing him to a long term deal so he was leaving in a handful of games anyway... and BEFORE HE GOT ALL CANCEROUS... they traded him and tried to get at least something for him instead of getting nothing for him in free agency.

lol, patriots incest fighting is hilarious

bird, you gotta realize cape will swallow in front of billy every time.

but...but...Billy saaaiiiiid!!!!

uh, remember the fact that billy's a dirtbag liar?

I'm sure it's been said somewhere in this thread before, but as a life long niners fan it was awesome to see them playing well again. Alex smith is not an elite quarterback, at all, but I give him credit considering everything he went through in his career, and to come within a punt return away from the super bowl, was sick. If Trent dilfer can win a ring, so can Alex smith. Can't wait for this season!

I can say, I'm not excited at all about moss, but maybe someone knows something I dont

Just imagine if you would have picked the right QB in the draft. As a life longer Packer fan I thank you :p

I don't necessarily think it was the fight, per se, but I think they looked at the argument as evidence that Randy was starting to act up and that wasn't going to stop or get better. And, BB praised the **** out of Moss on the way out because he never really says anything BAD about people; he'll just not comment. I always got the sense that - just like with OchoCinco - BB genuinely LIKED Randy Moss, but that doesn't mean automatically that he thought having Moss on the team (beginning to act out, beginning to act selfishly) was for the best.

I dunno... I just think he had run his course with the Pats... by-in-large was a tremendous receiver for them... was never anywhere near as bad as his reputation would lead you to expect and his time in NE was winding down anyway. If he started to get grumpy and that pushed him out a hair quicker... I dunno, maybe there was some of that, but 1) I still think it was a VERY small % of what was going on and 2) like i was saying... If Belichick thought Moss had the physical skills still, and fit into what the offense was trying to do, he would bring him back in a second... and I would welcome him.

I don't believe at all that he got traded because he was a problem in the locker room or for the team at all. Did it have the potential to get to that point?? Sure. Better than 50/50 but I don't think that was the driver in that situation at all.

Back