San Diego Homebrew Club!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlyn

Reaction score
Of the San Diego homebrewers I know from this forum, none of us like that 'other' homebrew club - so we now have our own!
CHUG - http://www.chugsd.com
Anyone will be able to comment/view the page but only San Diegans will be allowed to register and add content to the site, just to keep down the clutter and potential spam. Come check it out :ban:

I have been brewing for a few years now. And I'm starting to get some more free time so I have started thinking about joining a homebrew club. I have heard great things about Quaff and I would be interested in knowing why you want to start another club. And I guess also how your club will be different.

Thanks

Nice. I'm not much of a "club" guy, but I'll check it out.

We're not much of a "club" club, which is what makes us different (see below).

I have been brewing for a few years now. And I'm starting to get some more free time so I have started thinking about joining a homebrew club. I have heard great things about Quaff and I would be interested in knowing why you want to start another club. And I guess also how your club will be different.

Thanks

Most of us that formed this 'club' find QUAFF to be a snobby/pretntious/unfriendly/etc. Our club has no dues, no by laws, not set monthly meeting; just local guys that like brewing and drinking beer.

Thanks for the response, I'll keep checking your website or this thread for updates on events.

Almighty, I think if you're looking for a traditional club that meets on the 2nd whatever of every month, we're probably not it. I'm hoping this group will be more free form and fun, never bloated with too many members (I really don't like the idea of it being more than say 30 people) and more focused on having fun with what we're doing. The idea isn't to win competitions or club of the year, the idea is to make great beer and talk some **** in the process.

This really is a club started by non-club guys.

Yeah I'm not super interested in the politics and dues of a formal group. I guess the biggest thing I would like about a brew club is being able to swap beers and get some feedback. I brew about once or twice a month and would like to brew similar styles as you guys to see what I like about the style and change the next time.

Let me know if you guys are interested.

Almighty, that's what we're all about! We're always looking to swap and trade tips and advice.

This is what I need. I just got a basic kit for my birthday so it would be awesome to see what everyone is brewing and give me some good pointers while talking a little crap to me. Perfect

Just a quick bump... CHUG is slowly crawling up the Google search, almost on to the front page :) Just as an FYI to CHUGers, the more web pages that link to a specific site, the better Google likes that site. At least if the links are on reputable, and commonly indexed site.

I tell you what, HBT is one of the fastest indexed forums I've been on! I posted the other day and in a matter of hours it was indexed and coming up on page 1 of Google...

Sounds like a good idea,i'm going to keep my eye on your site(looks great by the way).:mug:

The site is looking nice and thanks for posting San Diego events and also about the sale of the Lost Abbey barrels. I'll keep checking it out.

As a San Diego Homebrew Club, I wanted to make sure you are all aware of the BrewFest Encinitas. 100% of proceeds go to charity. A great brewery line-up and one of the best VIP tents ever.

brewfestencinitas.com/

I hope to see you there.

Come to the next meeting Aug 25, CHUG a San Diego beer and your in. Not sure where we are going to have the meeting yet, but we'll post it soon. Welcome to the club.

Sweet! I'm excited!!! I need some new brew friends. My last one just moved to GA... Can I CHUG a San Diego beer now and be officially accepted??? I got some Lightning in the fridge!!! Thanks bsquared... hope to meet you soon!

Sweet! I'm excited!!! I need some new brew friends. My last one just moved to GA... Can I CHUG a San Diego beer now and be officially accepted??? I got some Lightning in the fridge!!! Thanks bsquared... hope to meet you soon!

By all means you can chug it, but it wont get you in. We have a special protocol at the meetings. :tank:

I just became "official" at the last meeting. And I had a weak showing in the "CHUG" part, so you might want to start practicing.

Just wanted to drop a line. Fellow San Diegan, San Diegite, San Diegoan, aww hell you know what a I mean.

Racking first brew this weekend and starting second batch shortly thereafter.

Hope to make the trek one of these days to share.

Cheers,

Saturday 1pm August 25th at Monkey Paw brewery

Be there! or...

Should be a good turnout, I hear we should be having some brewers from TJ there as well as some sour beers from club members. If you are new to CHUG be prepared to Chug a San Diego beer to become an "oficial" member.

*Bump*

Is this group still active?? Tried to view you website but it is Banned by my company's internet filter

Um...Kinda. We served beer at NHC this year...sort of. We like to think of ourselves a zombie club, just when you think we are dead... I think the web site expired a while back, when Grhemlyn moved.

Wow should have moved to SD sooner. Anyone in Carlsbad, Oside, or vista , San Marcos? Still up to hang out and brew?

Back