Liquid Solutions - anyone ever order from them?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was browsing the Liquid Solutions website, as I have a few times before, and I was once again amazed with their selection. I know david_42 has mentioned them once or twice before. Has anyone ever ordered from their site? How did it go?

Here's a potentially "typical" order for us EACs:

4688-liquidsolutions.JPG

I know, it's a $60 twelve pack...but when you consider the variety available, it just might be worth it. It's certainly cheaper than some of the "Beer of the Month" options I've seen. Plus, it seems that they're willing to sell you a single beer at a time.

Yuri_Rage said:
I was browsing the Liquid Solutions website, as I have a few times before, and I was once again amazed with their selection. I know david_42 has mentioned them once or twice before. Has anyone ever ordered from their site? How did it go?

Here's a potentially "typical" order for us EACs:

4688-liquidsolutions.JPG

I know, it's a $60 twelve pack...but when you consider the variety available, it just might be worth it. It's certainly cheaper than some of the "Beer of the Month" options I've seen. Plus, it seems that they're willing to sell you a single beer at a time.

$30 for shipping seems really, really steep. I could probably get most of those locally for about the same total price, figure $4 a bottle.

Todd said:
$30 for shipping seems really, really steep. I could probably get most of those locally for about the same total price, figure $4 a bottle.
The only ones on that list that I might be able to get locally are the Stone and Rogue brews. That shipping figure seems about right to me - they only ship FedEx, and we're talking about a 20 lb box of beer.

It's cool that you can buy those online. I have a neighborhood spirits & wine store that sells micros mix & match build your own sixpack for $7.99.

Most of those are on tap at the Gingerman in Austin and all of those are available at the Bock Town Grill in Pittsburgh.

I ordered from them, the cost is high but the variety of beer that you can access is great. They are a really good company to deal with. I was living in Washington at the time and had a Florida drivers licence, at the time they weren't allowed to ship to FL. And since you have to enter a drivers licence number and state, it wouldn't allow me to do so. So i called them and the guy I talked to said to order it and put WA as my state and then e-mail him the order number and he would process it. Only took a few says to have my beers in hand.

Let's face it, glass is heavy, ale's a pound per pint (US). Shipping is expensive.

Now, compare the cost to a road trip :ban: to Oregon.

I have been wondering about them as well. I just discovered them recently for myself. There are a lot fo micros I miss or want to try that I can't get in Arkansas. I really miss Alaskan's Smoked Porter and want to try Dogfish Head's IPA's now that I'm an born again hop-head. Now I just need to find out if they will ship to Arkansas (chances are slim).

I put 4 bombers in my basket (MUST HAVE ALASKAN SMOKED PORTER 2006!) and it came to $21 shipping, which was more than the beer. :D

I don't think I can justify that. I'm going to see if my local beer guy can get it for me instead.

Put a request into your beer store or stores...you may be surprised at what they can get for you.

I've only ordered from beergeek.biz and had a pretty good experience except they left a bottle out that I had ordered and would not answer my emails...

Thanks for the responses guys! I know the shipping is steep, but we don't even have a liquor store here. I'm lucky in that the local grocery store has a decent selection of micros (I can get Chimay there...), but they just don't carry everything I'd like to try. I figured one or two expensive beer orders might be worth it in order to compare styles and get some recipe ideas.

I've never ordered from Liquid Solutions but have been in the store on several occasions. I would not hesitate to order from them, they have a great selection, all the beers are stored properly and handled extremely well.

Just an FYI for those of you heading out to Denver. I'm more than happy to load the car up with whatever beers you would like me too and bring them out with me. Just PM me with your order.

Latest posts

Back