I love summer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ize

Reaction score
Warm weather brings out the best doesn't it?

The green earth, sunshine, ladies in small tops with no means of visible support.

And a 2 year old with a handy hose ready to cool off the old man and attempting to take out the digital at the same time.

I really love summer....

Ize

That's awesome. My 2 year old daughter "helped" me plant flowers in the back yard yesterday. We got as much water on ourselves as on the plants.

My 2 year old spent 20 minutes outside in her pool today and came in nice and pink. Summer in AZ.....bleh. Well let me rephrase that. Summer days in AZ arent fun, but you just cant beat the evenings.

Allthough, monsoon season is only two weeks away :mug:

My two year old just contracted chicken pox and my wife's never had them......ya...:(

My sixteen month old hocked her first loogey last night (after eating some Ivory in the bath). Made Daddy very proud, made Mommy cringe a little.

She also broke out a VERY entertaining dance in the high chair, can't really describe it other than saying it involved a rotation of her shoulders she hasn't done before. Reminded me of Travolta-Thurman in Pulp Fiction, but then of course I'm not an impartial observer. The fact that she broke it out while we were listening to the Spinal Tap soundtrack (Mommy cringing again) made it all the more special.

On the negative side, I was very disappointed when she was more interested in watering plants with Mommy than kicking the soccer ball with Pops, but, alas...

This weekend is supposed to get into the 90s, so we're going to take Miles for his first swimming pool experience. This is going to be fun. He loves taking a bathand splashing around so he should love swimming.

Chimone said:
My 2 year old spent 20 minutes outside in her pool today and came in nice and pink. Summer in AZ.....bleh. Well let me rephrase that. Summer days in AZ arent fun, but you just cant beat the evenings.

Allthough, monsoon season is only two weeks away :mug:

You got that right on the evenings. I really like them when I've been out there during Monsoon season too. Awsome light show... Winter nights are cold tho...

My -4 month old kicked me in the back this morning through her mother's stomach waking me up and sent me out into a tropical storm. At least I don't have to water the lawn!

That's very cool. :rockin: Sorry about the wx tho... I was wondering how you guys were all getting along down there. At least it doesn't sound like there's any Ark building going on yet. :drunk:

Ize

Ize said:
I was wondering how you guys were all getting along down there. At least it doesn't sound like there's any Ark building going on yet. :drunk:
It could be worse...there's no wind to speak of and we shouldn't get nearly as much rain as FL got. The ditches are full and backing up onto the roads around my house, but they'll drain off and the water table needs the help around here.

Baron von BeeGee said:
It could be worse...there's no wind to speak of and we shouldn't get nearly as much rain as FL got. The ditches are full and backing up onto the roads around my house, but they'll drain off and the water table needs the help around here.

But didn't the horizon look cool around quitting time today? It was a pure, clear blue here in the East, while the rest of the sky was still full of rain clouds. Glad it's gone. I got soaked around 10 AM today and just had to live with it until I got home. Could've been worse.

Baron von BeeGee said:
My -4 month old kicked me in the back this morning through her mother's stomach waking me up and sent me out into a tropical storm. At least I don't have to water the lawn!

Not to wish storms on anyone else, but I'm glad it wasn't bad and I'm even more glad is wasn't here. I've paid my dues with Katrina. Hell, I'm still paying!

;)

Ize said:
Warm weather brings out the best doesn't it?

The green earth, sunshine, ladies in small tops with no means of visible support.

Are you sure that you don't mean:

"Warm weather brings out the breast doesn't it"

Sorry, I had to go there. :D

Back