Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my two cats. They're brothers and fight and love each other. I refer to them as "little $hits" but i love them

This is Sammy. I refer to him as the frat boy. He's wild and extremely curious. I yell at him to get down and 10mins later he is back up.
Plus he beat me at super mario brothers 3 and flicking me off...
IMAG0260.jpg

Samy in back and Oscar in front. Oscar fetches a paper ball and brings it back to throw again.
IMAG0685.jpg

Best buds
IMAG0936.jpg
IMAG1034.jpg

Fell like a crazy cat lady sometimes..

Here are my two cats. They're brothers and fight and love each other. I refer to them as "little $hits" but i love them

This is Sammy. I refer to him as the frat boy. He's wild and extremely curious. I yell at him to get down and 10mins later he is back up.
View attachment 102588

Samy in back and Oscar in front. Oscar fetches a paper ball and brings it back to throw again.
View attachment 102589

Best buds
View attachment 102590
View attachment 102591

Looks like some well fed cats!

This was an everyday thing with these two. Killian looks lonely on the couch now that Kitty T is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 102588

View attachment 102589

Best buds
View attachment 102590
View attachment 102591

They look adorable...

I've grown up with cats ever since I was 10. Unfortunately we're in a situation where we can't have cats, but when that changes the first thing we'll be doing is getting a couple.

Here are ours. They are all sisters from different litters we rescued from a local farm. The grey and white one is Mulligan, black and white one is Stella and Guinness can't pass up a beer box.

IMG-20130206-00230.jpg

IMG-20130216-00247.jpg

OK, official question time: What is up with cats and boxes? Every time we have a box out, our cats have to take turns getting into the box - or attempting to get into the box, depending on the size of the box relative to their sizes. It's not quite like us as kids, who'd find umpteen different things to make of an old refrigerator box (remember those?) and could amuse ourselves for hours. The cat will literally jump into the box and just sit there with a bemused expression on his/her face, until deciding, "OK, enough of that," and then hop out and go on with their little kitty life.

Sorry, jrstacy's last picture just made me think of this...

I always wanted a hairless sphynx. I would name him "Fleshy" and in the dream he's hyper friendly so when friends and family come over they are greeted by a purring little alien that freaks them out.

The Sphynx breed is friendly/courious by nature. We have had Bela 6 years.
Tobias was a retired breeder that we had for a year before liver cancer took him.
Bela will be at the front door greeting people with the dogs if she is not under the bed covers sleeping. If someone comes in the house and sits down she is straight into their laps.
It is alot of fun to mess with people who have never seen one in the flesh;).
We have had some people scream and move away which only makes Bela come towards them again to see what's up.
I'm an auto tech and have told people that the cuts on my hand are from holding the cat down to shave it.;) That gets some great looks from people that don't know they are born hairless.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the past eight or so months there's been a cat hanging around my office. I tarted feeding her but she wouldn't let me get any closer than about ten feet. The past couple weeks she became much friendlier and let me almost pet her. Today I finally broke the petting barrier and within 20 minutes of the first pet she was inside my office laying in my lap. Never buy of scratched me, just purred and loved all over me. Guess I have a new pet.

image-4099800591.jpg

The Turd
I've had several cats, but none as connected to me as this guy. He's my buddy and tends to be wherever I am. Very in-tune with my emotions, too, never intrusive but always present and usually doing his own thing, too. I love this guy. His "real" name is Keowyn, but his actions defined what we actually call him. When polite company is around, he is "Turdle".

IMG_0005.jpg

stratslinger said:
ok, official question time: What is up with cats and boxes? Every time we have a box out, our cats have to take turns getting into the box - or attempting to get into the box, depending on the size of the box relative to their sizes. It's not quite like us as kids, who'd find umpteen different things to make of an old refrigerator box (remember those?) and could amuse ourselves for hours. The cat will literally jump into the box and just sit there with a bemused expression on his/her face, until deciding, "ok, enough of that," and then hop out and go on with their little kitty life.

Sorry, jrstacy's last picture just made me think of this...

:)

image-1909181669.jpg

Meet Brewer's Assistant Lola. He's an outdoor cat we have had since 2002. He has worked faithfully in my brewery for the past 11 years. Obviously, there was some confusion in his gender when he was named. But if you know the Kinks, it works.

PICT0123.JPG

IMAG0076_1_1_1.jpg

And everybody has a cat walk right?
Shelfs about a foot down from the ceiling covered in carpet with holes cut through the walls. The dogs and cats get along great. It's just a blast for the cats.

den40a.JPG

P1000138 (2).JPG

P1010674 (2).JPG

Shelfs about a foot down from the ceiling covered in carpet with holes cut through the walls. The dogs and cats get along great. It's just a blast for the cats.

That is just awesome! I built my cat a 7 foot carpet covered pole with a perch on top. It is placed next to a window. Will post pics tomorrow.

I am looking so much less crazy now.

We emptied a hall closet, cut a hole in the door, kilzed the closet and put the litter boxes in there. We were using wheat but just switched to walnut. Wheat was good. Real good. Better than any clay. Sales rep gave us a coupon for the walnut. May as well try. Pine and newspaper pellets sucked royal. Crystals cost way too much.

I made a cat house from an 80s style end table, some misc wood and burlap. They like to pull down the burlap and hide on it on a shelf by the window. They won't use the box house though. I think they want another opening in it.

And they like hiding in the coffee table and in the secret drawer of the sofa.

We bought them a rope covered scratch post but they won't use it. They like the real split log.

Inkleg said:

Lucky!

We have 3, soon to be 4 kitties (they have separate living arrangements from the Wolfdogs with an indoor bedroom and an outdoor enclosed patio). All are F.I.V. positive, which means in normal circumstances, they would be euthanized in just about any animal shelter. we took them in to give them a chance. A little extra diligence and maintenance, but so worth it with these guys personalities.

From left to right, Jack, Datura, and Poseidon.

Yes, they do this a lot!

Jack, Datura, Posiedon.jpg

Now that's interesting, Hang Glider. It has just the right amount of crazy to make it art that works. That link will be on tour.

Our cats tend to be less participatory, more spectator.

VannaSesameSt.jpg

This would be the 7 foot scratching/climbing post that I built. Note the fine craftsmanship. He was a little camera shy this morning.

When he's on top, he's king of the castle and does not like to be F'ed with.

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

This would be the 7 foot scratching/climbing post that I built. Note the fine craftsmanship.

I see you're like me, beer brewing is better than carpentry skills. From a distance everything I build looks great.
Our cats like to play king of the cat walk at times and you had better look out when you turn a corner or you will get a quick whack, whack, whack on the head.

Thanks for the link Hang Glider

I see you're like me, beer brewing is better than carpentry skills. From a distance everything I build looks great.
Our cats like to play king of the cat walk at times and you had better look out when you turn a corner or you will get a quick whack, whack, whack on the head.

Thanks for the link Hang Glider

Yeah, I excel at just about everything that I do, except for carpentry. When I build anything, everyone can tell its homemade.

This masterpiece was constructed using 2 landscape timbers, a chainsaw, carpet scraps and some screws. Sturdy but ugly.

Here are our new girls. Sadie and Sophie. We adopted them in the beginning of April, the sisters were about 4 months old when we got them, these pics were taken by the rescue group before we got them. They are much bigger now, I call them "trouble" and "mischief". They're real sweethearts and it's nice to having new kids in the house. Our first cats lived to be 16 and 17 years old. The last one, Maggie, was an awesome cat, she died in 2008 and it's taken my wife that long to get over her and be ok with getting a couple new furry buddies. Both the new girls have great purr motors.

Sadie
Sadie.jpg

Sophie
Sophie.jpg

Inkleg said:
Ninja and Gizmo on top of the freezer.

Growing up my cousins had a black and white named gizmo

Here is zax, aka ****head, aka pegleg, aka not late for diner....... Don't ask.

image-4068380848.jpg

image-3613263570.jpg

I have always been a cat person..the first one is from my first cat. His name was tang. He had cancer in his paw and ear. We ended up having to amputate his front left paw. He actually moved around really well until we ended up having to put him down. Then i got my second cat which looked like tang.Then we adopted another cat who we named booger..

ForumRunner_20130713_092509.jpg

ForumRunner_20130713_092532.jpg

ForumRunner_20130713_092610.png

ForumRunner_20130713_092631.png

ForumRunner_20130713_092643.png

Back