Official 2010 "Pay it Forward" Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two Midwest extract kits that I wont be brewing anytime soon. The hops have been in the freezer since I got them and the Wyeast smack packs along with the extract are in the fridge. I am however away until next Wednesday, but they would ship Thursday. Midwest made a goof and sent me too many and wouldnt take them back since they are considered "open food items". The kits are:

Liberty Cream Ale w/ Wyeast American Ale Activator Gone to Oteixeira

California Steam w/ Wyeast California Lager Activator Gone to PirateBrewer

PM me about one of them. Want to give each away to someone different. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I have two Midwest extract kits that I wont be brewing anytime soon. The hops have been in the freezer since I got them and the Wyeast smack packs along with the extract are in the fridge. I am however away until next Wednesday, but they would ship Thursday. Midwest made a goof and sent me too many and wouldnt take them back since they are considered "open food items". The kits are:

Liberty Cream Ale w/ Wyeast American Ale Activator

California Steam w/ Wyeast California Lager Activator

PM me about one of them. Want to give each away to someone different. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I would love to have the Cream Ale, I will PM you as well, but the rules say post in the thread!

Orlando

Liberty Cream Ale w/ Wyeast American Ale Activator

California Steam w/ Wyeast California Lager Activator

I'd be interested in the California Steam! You wouldn't even need to ship it to me since I live in DC!

Darnit,
Missed out on another bottle capper.

I need to quit working so much, And start brewing more :mug:

oteixeira, if no one wants that handle, my wife would absolutely LOVE it. However, I already got my "one item per person" from this thread, so I'll offer to buy it from you if it goes unclaimed.

PM me your info, no one else posted in the thread to claim it, so it's yours if you still want it.

Orlando

I have two brass 1/2" ball valves and with hose barbs that i don't need anymore...who wants 'em?

dedhedjed,

I pm'ed you about a ball valve. I just got a ten gallon pot and am trying to upgrade my setup. feel free to email me:

[email protected]

Thanks

1+ oz Ahtanum Hop Pellets 4.5%
1+ oz Magnum Leaf - homegrown AA unknown
4+ US Saaz Leaf - hops direct - 4.5%
4+ Cascade Leaf - hops direct - I'll have to dig up the %

One person only, less packaging headaches.

gone to wyzazz

If we do this in the new year, I will have some stuff. I might have a few more items.
wouldnt it be nice to keep it going year-round?? I know i will have some stuff VERY soon, like my mash tun. getting rid of my 5gal cooler to get a 10gal.

I think it could work, there would have to be some tweaking, or the only people that could receive would be new accounts. Maybe one item every 3 months per account, or something like if you receive you are next to have to offer.

Orlando

or something like if you receive you are next to have to offer.

Orlando

I understand the concept of that idea, but I think the point is to help ones who are new or not as well off financially, and those ones might not have an excess of equipment to offer up.

i understand the concept of that idea, but i think the point is to help ones who are new or not as well off financially, and those ones might not have an excess of equipment to offer up.

me.

I understand the concept of that idea, but I think the point is to help ones who are new or not as well off financially, and those ones might not have an excess of equipment to offer up.

Well, while it would work for those that are new, people who are not well off financially will not benefit. If they received one item they would be done. I am just looking at ways to extend the pay if forward and have it work for everyone on the board. I suppose this is why it isn't a year round thing, their are too many rules to consider.

Orlando

We do a pretty good job of self regulating around here...if anyone becomes a freebie whore we come down on 'em, mercilessly ridicule them, and ban them from receiving anything else until adequate penance is paid. :D

That could be a refusal by the poster offering the item, require that the abuser post something decent for free (and follows through w/ shipping for free), ban them for a set amount of time.

I think an exchange thing would be cool too, kinda a quid pro quo. We could make a rule that noobs get dibs if multiple people request an item or something.

Bottom line, if we set up the rules ahead of time and keep it reasonable, it would work. Input? Mods? Yoop?

wouldnt it be nice to keep it going year-round?? I know i will have some stuff VERY soon, like my mash tun. getting rid of my 5gal cooler to get a 10gal.

If you decide to get rid of it now, I would like to claim it. Wanting to start moving to AG brewing but don't have alot of the stuff needed.

I've got a pound of 2008 Perle leaf hops from Puterbaugh (Hops Direct). Been in the freezer since purchased.

Dave

I'll take those off your hands SkiSolo, assuming I can use them in my extract brews...I've never used whole leaf hops before.

I'll take those off your hands SkiSolo, assuming I can use them in my extract brews...I've never used whole leaf hops before.

PM me your info. Not a problem in extract or AG, use them the same way as pellets. I suggest a bag to prevent any clogging.

Dave

PM sent. Thanks a bunch! Very cool. Unfortunately as a new brewer I don't have much to offer but maybe this time next year I will have a good supply of items that I can share.

This thread is going to be closed on Saturday, at noon, so make sure you offer up anything you still have!

Thanks to everybody who's participated- hopefully some people have benefit from our "leftovers"!

I've got 2 Stainless 5/16" "T's" for gas line I can offer up. I got these with a bulk buy of commercial kegerator stuff and won't use them since I have a manifold already. Anyone that wants them respond in the thread and then shoot me a PM with your address! Cheers!

This thread is going to be closed on Saturday, at noon, so make sure you offer up anything you still have!

Thanks to everybody who's participated- hopefully some people have benefit from our "leftovers"!

I hope there is going to be a Pay it Forward thread for 2011 because I have been working on getting my new toys working so I can donate the old.

I've got 2 Stainless 5/16" "T's" for gas line I can offer up. I got these with a bulk buy of commercial kegerator stuff and won't use them since I have a manifold already. Anyone that wants them respond in the thread and then shoot me a PM with your address! Cheers!

I'll take one!

I'll send you a PM.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back