2nd AG completed... Question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMBrewer

Reaction score
Well folks finished my second AG batch today. I have 11 gallons of Blonde Ale in the fermenter.

My question is... I kind of went by Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde Recipe, and instead of 1.039 my OG is only 1.032. This is due to me getting a second keggle and overusing it. :drunk:

Is a OG of 1.032 ok or should I add some Honey or something before the yeast really starts working?

I will be light, but it will be beer. If you get a copy of ProMash or BeerSmith, it will tell you your expected OG before the boil. By knowing that, you can better determine where you stand. If you had known this beforehand, you could have extended the boil 10~15 minutes. You'd have ended up with a little less beer, but your OG would have been closer on target...

Leave it alone.
If you're that concerned about the ABV%...Serve it with Shots...nobody will ever know the difference.

+1 on BeerSmith. Best money you can spend....other than your membership here.

Back