New Zealand Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a little disappointed as I had to go with Wyeast Belgian Saison, but I wanted the French Saison as I understand it's easier to work with, the belgian like 30 degrees which might be hard at this time of year. But it was free since its a bit older, I'll just create a starter for it.

I was a little disappointed as I had to go with Wyeast Belgian Saison, but I wanted the French Saison as I understand it's easier to work with, the belgian like 30 degrees which might be hard at this time of year. But it was free since its a bit older, I'll just create a starter for it.

French Saison ios a bit of a pain to work with as well. Although it'll eat through everything!that Brown Saison I gave you awhile back had 3711 in it, and I mashed at 68ish and it went down to 1.008.
The belgian will probably end a bit higher than that.

Any chance of a bottle of this when it's done? lol.

French Saison ios a bit of a pain to work with as well. Although it'll eat through everything!that Brown Saison I gave you awhile back had 3711 in it, and I mashed at 68ish and it went down to 1.008.
The belgian will probably end a bit higher than that.

Any chance of a bottle of this when it's done? lol.

Absolutely, even if it's terrible :p

and so it begins again...

1265003_10151594627901478_1397033814_o.jpg

Did most of the boil today, boiled 55L down to 25L, will do the remainder tomorrow. (been sick with bronchitis so don't want to push it too much)

1.186 after adjusting for the temp. Got 19Litres and it's the best efficiency I've ever gotten of 73.5%. Yeast started bubbling within hours of going in :)

ForumRunner_20130923_110219.png

Cheers, just bought a label maker so I can make some fancy labels for it (needs all the legal stuff so I can send some to people round the world)

where'd you get the label maker?

Warehouse stationery, $100, then a 30m continuous roll was $50, apparently some come with a 8m continuous roll, but mine came with std address labels.
The software is reasonably straight forward, apparently it also prints pictures, all in black and white of course

ForumRunner_20131002_171417.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131002_171325.png
    ForumRunner_20131002_171325.png
    359.3 KB · Views: 79
crusader1612 said:
French Saison ios a bit of a pain to work with as well. Although it'll eat through everything!that Brown Saison I gave you awhile back had 3711 in it, and I mashed at 68ish and it went down to 1.008. The belgian will probably end a bit higher than that. Any chance of a bottle of this when it's done? lol.
hey Crusader, how long did fermentation take for your saison? Mine is still bubbling away and tomorrow is 3weeks ( like once a minute )

kiwirevo said:
hey Crusader, how long did fermentation take for your saison? Mine is still bubbling away and tomorrow is 3weeks ( like once a minute )
Wow that's quite sometime. Did u use 3711?
It takes aaaaaages to drop out how's the gravity reading

kiwirevo said:
My 3711 saison took 3 weeks to hit FG, left it for another week. Ended up about 8%.

kiwirevo said:
Ok, I won't worry about it too much then. Might transfer and dry hop it soon though
Yeah I wouldn't worry. Mine took about a week. But it'll be all good it's a monster it'll chew it up.

Double batch of pils coming up this weekend/week. Got the week off work, so time to brew for summer.

Very basic recipes - Motueka and Riwaka then in the other brew Riwaka and Motueka. Whichever one wins, becomes the house Pils!

@sockmerchant and @Crusader I'll send you both a tripel when its carbed :)

NZLunchie said:
Double batch of pils coming up this weekend/week. Got the week off work, so time to brew for summer. Very basic recipes - Motueka and Riwaka then in the other brew Riwaka and Motueka. Whichever one wins, becomes the house Pils! @sockmerchant and @Crusader I'll send you both a tripel when its carbed :)
Cheers dude. Sounds good.
I've got a bottle ready for you as well.

Just finished a Styrian Golding Pale Ale SMaSH.
Overshot the OG by a stupid amount, but she'll still be beer!
Giving the Burton Union from Mangrove Jacks a whirl this brew.

Back