Portable kegerator - BYO knockoff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcole

Reaction score
The Dec. 2012 issue of BYO magazine featured this beer tower. Here is my take on it with build pictures to follow (need to add a drip tray).

image-92418749.jpg

It certainly is a box! What are you using for Co2 and where will you put it? Does it or will it roll?

Psych said:
It certainly is a box! What are you using for Co2 and where will you put it? Does it or will it roll?

Wheels on the bottom (10 bucks). 36x12.

You could just line it with a couple of heavy duty garbage bags inside each other. Put the keg inside those, then drop the ice around the keg. Once you're done, pull the keg out, then lift the garbage bags with water in the bottom out.

You can also get heavier ply plastic bags online. Something like 6 mil or 8 mil would be pretty good.

Also, I've been trying to think of a way to serve a pair of kegs at a new years party. You may have just given me my answer!

Are you having any trouble with keeping the keg at a consistent temp with the dry ice?

You could just line it with a couple of heavy duty garbage bags inside each other. Put the keg inside those, then drop the ice around the keg. Once you're done, pull the keg out, then lift the garbage bags with water in the bottom out.

You can also get heavier ply plastic bags online. Something like 6 mil or 8 mil would be pretty good.

This is what I was thinking. Just some 55 gallon black bags would work, you would only need one.

There is a guy who is making custom cooling bags for carboy's....I cant remember who, but it might be a good idea for the Keg.

shoreman said:
Did this thing ever work out for you?

Where's the co2?

Tank is outside- line threads out through the back. Works great and is perfect for rolling out to the deck since the keezer can be moved easily.

Back