Another keezer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neccessary? No. A wise choice? Yes.

You can get a decent computer fan for ~$20. That's less than 5% of what you're keezer is going to cost, right?

You'll easily spend more than $20 to insulate the lines and to deal with excess condensation that will happen without the air moving around.

Not necessary, but always a nice to have. The whole point of adding the fan to my keezer was to evenly distribute the temperature. As the compressor kicks on to cool the contents, the fan turns on to create flow throughout the keezer. Pushing the cooler air from the bottom towards the top, thus moving the warmer air and eventually equalizing the temperature.
To note, my thermocouple was hanging freely down the side and is resting on top of the compressor hump (shelf) on one side. I wanted to move the air around when the compressor is on so that the temp would be equal from top to bottom. That helped me to keep my dispensing pressure uniform. As I was trying to figure out the perfect CO2 pressure for dispensing the beer, I noticed that the fluctuation in temperature was doing weird things with the amount of foam for each pint poured. Once I added the fan, things simmered down. I also didn't want the contents of the kegs (towards the bottom) to be cold but the beer in the lines and at the taps to be warmer.
Hope this helps. Cheers!

I have a 110 computer fan.....so I just tap into the electric from the cooling side of the temp controller? Also to avoid 15 question threads.. what is the best average temp for serving the beer...what variance is best ( do you let it warm up 1 degree or 2 or what before the compressor kicks on. Keep in mind my temp controller is celcius. right now it is empty except a bottle of water with the temp probe in it. I just timed it and setting at 2 degrees celcius, it took 55 minutes to warm up to 3 degrees ( my house is hot as heck right now to me ) the compressor kicked back on and it JUST kicked back off at 2 degrees after 14 minutes.....good or bad? Keep in mind it is EMPTY.

Back