combining extract kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob-1814

Reaction score
:mug: Would thier be any bad off flavors or worse if I were to combine two liquid malt extract kits to make one beer, or would it just make it more malty & stronger. I would double pitch the yeast & use a blow off tube.

They do this a lot down under,it's called a "toucan" (two can). They use both yeast sachets,since they're only 7g. Not like the 11.5g packets over here. so use both,trust me.

Done dea,l OG was at 1.10, pitched just one yeast used blow off tube just to be on the safe side. This one will probably have to sit for awhile.

1.10 sounds really big for one pack of yeast even if it was 11g. I would go ahead and pitch the other pack. Otherwise you will be under pitching. I hope you aerated well.

I poured it from a distant above plus used a mixing spoon to get air into the wort. Time will tell. Have the spare yeast just in case.

2 cans is 7.5LBS of liquid malt - it should not give you a 1.1 reading for a 5 gallon brew. Chances are it was a misreading - possibly the malts were not fully mixed.Im sure it will turn out fine though.

Back