Epic Boat Bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akwamarina

Reaction score
I am a homebrewer and long time lurker. I am currently working on a dream project. I am building a beach bar on the shore of Lake Winnipesaukee in NH. I see so many awesome builds on this site and always wish I had something to contribute and here is my chance. The hope is to have all the great NH microbreweries represented here.
My Dad, Brother and I started construction last fall and should be done here in the spring.
I have taken a ton of construction photos and plan to share them and more as things progress. The jewel in the middle of the gazebo is the 1904 Anona Sail boat that is being converted into a bar, draft system and all.

Enjoy.
I will do my best to keep the photos in order

photo 3(1).jpg

imagejpeg_2cb.jpg

imagejpeg_2decking.jpg

Chris butler photo from Big Bear construction 8-6-12.jpg

photo 3 (24).jpg

The roof was built on the deck, and later jacked up into place, a slow and fun process.

557510_10151198468731085_737097923_n.jpg

205884_10151198468776085_777612891_n.jpg

384303_10151221951786085_381787970_n.jpg

580283_10151234314116085_448307706_n (1).jpg

We had to cut the side of the boat out for the bartender, and so we can add, two bartender stations, 3 bay sink, soda guns, and of course the draft system.

16085_10151356006971085_1315476432_n.jpg

68447_10151279895176085_702432082_n.jpg

281527_10151269082061085_301016645_n.jpg

380646_10151356006891085_1776914272_n.jpg

That is a truly fantastic idea and build. The location and view look wonderful. What breweries are you going to showcase?
Keep us updated. Cant wait to see the final outcome :mug:

This is pretty much how we left it over the winter, and how it sits today, we are about to get going again and finish this thing off. We have all the kitchen equipment spec'ed out. The bar designed. We are cutting the templates for the safety glass. Over the whole boat about 6" off the deck at a height from the floor of 42" we are putting a sheet of safety glass over the entire boat and hanging of the sides about 10" so when you pull up on the stool your knees don't hit the boat. We are also doing the railing all the way around out of safety glass 48" tall with a 10" top peice of glass to put the beverages on while looking out on the lake.

We have been debating about having the tap towers be Stainless or Brass. I think brass would look better and match the boat since the towers will be right next to the mast, but the argument is that brass will be a maintenance problem with all the exposer. Any one think brass would be okay? Do they make copper towers?

More as it developes

774869_10151425736746085_1481266745_o.jpg

183923_10151279495696085_85223956_n.jpg

522562_10151356006966085_76896731_n.jpg

735988_10151379964736085_2023597512_o.jpg

20130124_105045_HDR.jpg

Where abouts are you located on the lake?

We are right on Meredith Bay near Weirs Beach, we have transient docks for the thirsty boater.

NH has some strange distribution laws, so we have been in talks with the distributors, and have just started reaching out to the micro-brewers, even tho we can't buy direct.

Also here is some other misc photo's.

The LED light strips I found are awesome. I am going to do the whole place up with them. I figure I can light the copolow up in Red when we are closed, Blue = open and Green = beer specials are on, so the boaters can see from the water.

Untitled-2 - Copy.jpg

20121025_120132.jpg

20121025_120206.jpg

I'm trying to picture where you are by the background. I'm just over in the Ossipee Lake area.

Oh. My god. This bar is everything I have ever wanted in my life! I have dreams about owning things like these. You are one lucky man my friend

Wish we could do my brew in the bar... Just finished brewing an old monster barley wine maybe in 3 years when it is ready

20130329_183909.jpg

That is a beautiful project! I love wooden boats of all types and actually have a woodie that we keep at our lake house on Lake Chatuge, GA. I've actually seen a few other boats that were turned into bars, but those were in basements!

I live in the concord area. If you haven't already, check out White Birch in hooksett and Nepenthe in Manchester. Both great breweries.

megaloxana said:
Biggest game of 'Jenga' I've ever seen.

I laughed out load at this comment. Ha!

Akwamarina - what amazing project! Nicely done.

The guys that jacked the roof were great. That hole janga thing in the middle was on one jack. With all the other jacks no big deal. But it did look rediculous. The hard part was when they took the pressure off of it. A lot of people had to grab things fast.
Here is fun time laps I did with my cell phone, it tips over at the one minute mark for a second

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the reason for raising it as opposed to erecting it in the air?

We could only drive the lull on one side of the structure because of errosion control and the shoreland protection, DES. Because the structure is right on the 50 foot lake buffer. So we would have needed a crane to lift the beams on the far side and we could not get a crane in the area so we came up with the solution to build it low so the lull could reach the far side and then jack it. It also made everything much faster not needing ladders for everything.

This is the template being created for the safety glass that will go over the bar. It is going to be epic, once all the rigging and brass can be seen under the glass.

IMAG3125.jpg

IMAG3126.jpg

IMAG3128.jpg

IMAG3129.jpg

IMAG3130.jpg

That will be one cool bar! One piece of glass? How thick? That can't be cheap...

The glass will actually be 3 parts but look like one, it is 1/2" safety glass.
The price well let's just say the bar top and all the custom glass railings, could by you a nice pick up truck

Are the images being hosted by this site or are you using an image hosting site and putting links in? Either way maybe you can edit that post and correct/change the link.

Are the images being hosted by this site or are you using an image hosting site and putting links in? Either way maybe you can edit that post and correct/change the link.

They weren't!

Well, yes, there is a puppy picture. But before that, all of the pictures were just gone. Just gone, as if they were never there. I never saw them. There were no links, no photos, nothing!

Passedpawn put in a picture, just to see if a picture would stay in the thread (the puppy picture) and it did.

I'm not sure where you pictures were hosted, but they just disappeared from the thread. If you used something like photobucket, maybe the link got removed? If you can let us know the differences between the new pictures (which we all can see later in the thread), and the older pictures (again, which I never saw but others did when you posted them), that would help us figure out what happened!

I used the attachment manager, did it the same everything, when I get a minute I will try and edit the posts to add them back in, that sucks.

I used the attachment manager, did it the same everything, when I get a minute I will try and edit the posts to add them back in, that sucks.

Thanks for letting us know- I'll bring that to the admin's attention. There are other threads where this happened, but it appears to be random, so we're trying to get to the bottom of it!

Your pictures were all attached. So was the puppy pic (I edited your post and used the attachment mgr to attach an additional picture). So, in theory I did the same thing as you.

Your pictures were there at one time, and now they are not, so I believe the problem is with HBT only and not you or any hosting site.

If you want to go back and edit the thread to replace the pics, go again and delete the puppy pic too. Otherwise, I'll take it down myself when we get to the bottom of the mystery of the disappearing pics.

Back