NHC 2010 Photos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad someone else went to Stub & Herb. That was the only place I went (was there Friday twice actually) where I didn't see a bunch of blue bracelets. Any place with Dead Guy Whiskey on tap is okay by me. Pretty good food too although Happy Gnome had outstanding food for a beer bar.

Yeah we hit it on Sunday after the event was over. Somehow I didn't get any pics of you at club night.

Thanks for posting those pictures! You know, some of those memories are a bit, um, dim for me.

It was so wonderful meeting so many of you there. I always say this, but homebrewers are among the most laid back and intelligent people out there. Where else can you have a gathering with 1200 people and 800 kegs of beer and not have even a cross word, while discussing 50 amp breakers and 5500 watt elements and decoction mashing while drunk on the world's best beer? It's like heaven. Except with beer.

Yeah I was also amazed at how peaceful the event was given the massive amounts of beer consumption. Was a pleasure meeting everyone from the forum.

Thanks for posting those pictures! You know, some of those memories are a bit, um, dim for me.

It was so wonderful meeting so many of you there. I always say this, but homebrewers are among the most laid back and intelligent people out there. Where else can you have a gathering with 1200 people and 800 kegs of beer and not have even a cross word, while discussing 50 amp breakers and 5500 watt elements and decoction mashing while drunk on the world's best beer? It's like heaven. Except with beer.

This was my first NHC and nothing compares to Club Night, nothing.

Note to self: Next year if you want to talk about water chemistry with Kai, seek him out sober.

I never mentioned how much I appreciated chatting it up with fellow HBTers out there. I wish there was more time. I plan to head out the SD early next year so I can bum around and drink more.

I think you took the pic no?

Yep, I'm pretty sure I did. At least, I remember it happening {shrug}

This was my first NHC and nothing compares to Club Night, nothing.

Note to self: Next year if you want to talk about water chemistry with Kai, seek him out sober.

Haha- I got the "opportunity" while half sloshed to interview Kai in the elevator for a friend's podcast. I believe we were discussing mash efficiency and the "ding ding" of the elevator stopping and people getting in and off had us both laughing during the relatively serious conversation. He was a great sport about it, and I actually did get some wonderful information out of him. Sobriety during that interview would have been a plus, I think.

I never mentioned how much I appreciated chatting it up with fellow HBTers out there. I wish there was more time. I plan to head out the SD early next year so I can bum around and drink more.

And it was great sitting with you at the banquet, by the way! I really wished you could have been there for the "pub crawl", where we got to hang out with some great HBTers and get to know them a bit. The pre-conference events I attended were the high points of my trips, both in this year's NHC and the one I did a couple of years ago.

I kept an eye out for you in MN (and I think I've seen enough photos of you to recognize), and never caught you. SD it is.

I kept an eye out for you in MN (and I think I've seen enough photos of you to recognize), and never caught you. SD it is.

Dude. How come remilard was not at the "all HBT" gathering at the local TGIF on hangover day?

IMG_4779.JPG

Dude. How come remilard was not at the "all HBT" gathering at the local TGIF on hangover day?

My fault. I didn't meet Remilard until that night- I didn't even know he was in Minneapolis until I met him later that day. He and his (gorgeous) wife would have been a great addition to our group!

Already diabolically planning for 2011. San Diego is an awesome place to have any sort of beer related activity, plus I have a coworker located there, so I plan to arrive about a week early! :)

IMG_4779.JPG

I just took a better look at that photo. Why am I talking while SeeBee John's eyes are closed? And why does Bobby_M look like he's asleep also? :D

Oh, you guys are breaking my heart here. I wish I could go this year! I'll make a promise that I'm going NEXT year for sure. I'll start saving my pennies right now in my "NHC 2012" piggy bank.

Going through old NHC posts 3 days before the event...I thought I was going to be trying to prepare myself.

Im sorry for whats about to happen to you again liver.

Back