Steriliser entered my cider threw the airlock will it be fine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryf3661

Reaction score
hi there folks am really sorry about been a pain but my cider kit came with some VWP Steriliser and it came with the step by step info from so a went a long with that it said simple fill your bucket and all your stuff you will be using fill up with warm water and add a couple of teaspoons of Steriliser and leave for a hour or two so a did and went along and made my turbo cider and used a small amount of the same water for the bucket with and used it to fill up in my airlock and then a noticed on the Steriliser tub it saying to use two teaspoon per gallon so it got my thinking will it be sterilised properly and then a thought a better change the water in the airlock in case so by this time ive got some vodka so when pulling my airlock out and a small amount for the sterilised water went in to my bucket and am worried in case this will mess things up lol

terryf3661 said:
a small amount for the sterilised water went in to my bucket and am worried in case this will mess things up lol

I do t know about VWP but most sterilizing agents are ok... But your on the right track with the vodka in the airlock....
Just sit back, crack open a cold one and see how it goes, but again, I'm sure your fine...

I do t know about VWP but most sterilizing agents are ok... But your on the right track with the vodka in the airlock....
Just sit back, crack open a cold one and see how it goes, but again, I'm sure your fine...

thanks for getting back to is am just nervous cause it my frist time and a don't want mess it up

terryf3661 said:
thanks for getting back to is am just nervous cause it my frist time and a don't want mess it up

I was the same way as you and probably 80% of every person on the homebrew forum was just as nervous on their first brew...
I was personally messaging guys and posting right and left because I was so nervous I was going to mess up... They told me "RDWHAHB" that means relax, don't worry, and have a home brew.... It's pretty hard to mess up cider. Remember, back in the early early days guys were putting apple juice in wood barrels and just letting them sit.... No yeast or yeast nutrient, no sterilization.... no nothing.

hi there folks am really sorry about been a pain but my cider kit came with some VWP Steriliser and it came with the step by step info from so a went a long with that it said simple fill your bucket and all your stuff you will be using fill up with warm water and add a couple of teaspoons of Steriliser and leave for a hour or two so a did and went along and made my turbo cider and used a small amount of the same water for the bucket with and used it to fill up in my airlock and then a noticed on the Steriliser tub it saying to use two teaspoon per gallon so it got my thinking will it be sterilised properly and then a thought a better change the water in the airlock in case so by this time ive got some vodka so when pulling my airlock out and a small amount for the sterilised water went in to my bucket and am worried in case this will mess things up lol

I'm pretty drunk right now so that was kinda hard to read...but I gather you got a little sanitizer in your batch?

Should be fine, relax and get wasted.:mug:

Back