Boilermaker Backorder Support Group

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergynt

Reaction score
"Hi. My name is Jeff, and I ordered my 10G Boilermaker on 2/14/12..."

I think it may be time to start up another Blichmann backorder support group. According to http://www.blichmannengineering.com/...

BoilerMaker Stock Update:
Due to an incredibly high demand we are temporarily out of stock on 10 and 15 gal BoilerMaker pots. We expect to begin shipping backorders in Mid April. We apologize for the delay.

I read through this thread earlier, and it seems much the same thing happened around this time last year... Is this just a bunch of homebrewers blowing their tax refunds on sexy equipment at the same time? Is there honestly a shortage on raw materials? Does this seemingly thriving and incredibly popular manufacturer have major issues with overhead/capitol?

Whatever the answer to these questions, if you're also waiting on your beautiful blingy baby to bounce your way, keep the rest of us updated with news, updated shipping timelines, tracking numbers, etc.

Uh oh. This might put a crimp in my plan. I have a pair of ten gallon Blingmanns in exceptional condition that I'm planning on upgrading to twenties this spring. Gonna have to call my LHBS and see what they think. Might have to just pull the trigger well before my new single tier is finished...

Cheers!

Well, it took 65 days but it is here... And worth the wait! Can't wait to put it to use.

boily.jpg

I ordered 3 15 gal Boilermakers that were blemished for 10% off they were in stock I had them at my door 3 days after my order and u can't even see a mark on them....I highly recomend the blemished pots for the savings

I ordered 3 15 gal Boilermakers that were blemished for 10% off they were in stock I had them at my door 3 days after my order and u can't even see a mark on them....I highly recomend the blemished pots for the savings

Where did you order from?

Uh oh. This might put a crimp in my plan. I have a pair of ten gallon Blingmanns in exceptional condition that I'm planning on upgrading to twenties this spring. Gonna have to call my LHBS and see what they think. Might have to just pull the trigger well before my new single tier is finished...

Cheers!

Dibs on your 10's?

Did they send you a tracking number fore shipping out?

I ordered from Rebel Brewing and they sent me an order update with a tracing number when it shipped. They are shipped directly from Blichmann in Indiana. Once I found out it was en route, it got here in two days.

I got mine through rebelbrewer. Call and ask them. They will call blichmann and check what they have in inventory...they are called s1 kettles....totally worth it ...you don't even be able to find the mark

Just got my shipment notification! Should have mine in a few days! I'll be able to use em for my next brew in 2 weeks! And I'd like to take this opportunity to use a few more !!! just in case you couldn't tell that I'm excited!

Just got my shipment notification! Should have mine in a few days! I'll be able to use em for my next brew in 2 weeks! And I'd like to take this opportunity to use a few more !!! just in case you couldn't tell that I'm excited!

Nice! All I need is the the 20 gal Blichmanns and my e-brewery will be complete. I cannot wait until they show up hopefully this week.

What sizes did everyone order and what batch sizes do you brew?

I ordered 3 20 gallon pots but will be doing 5 gallon batches for the most part. I sized my kettles and Fermentor for 10 gallon batches in the event I want/need to do bigger batches.

For instance we do a whole lot of work with various craft brewers (Oskar blues, new Belgium, etc.) and we are throwing around the idea of making a company craft brew to include in our gift baskets to clients. In that case I would have to do 10 gallon batches.

I hope that my 20 gal shows up soon. The floor burner and the false bottom came in last week.... Fingers crossed....

Blichmann's website doesnt say the 20 gal is back ordered, just 10 and 15... I dont know f that just changed recently.

I ordered 3 20 gallon pots but will be doing 5 gallon batches for the most part. I sized my kettles and Fermentor for 10 gallon batches in the event I want/need to do bigger batches.

For instance we do a whole lot of work with various craft brewers (Oskar blues, new Belgium, etc.) and we are throwing around the idea of making a company craft brew to include in our gift baskets to clients. In that case I would have to do 10 gallon batches.

Are you using these 3 as a HLT/MLT/BK? If so aren't you concerned with the fact that the thermo will basically be useless sit it sits so high ~8.25 gallons?

I only plan on doing 5 gallon batches so I figured the 10G would be more than sufficient as my BK.

Are you using these 3 as a HLT/MLT/BK? If so aren't you concerned with the fact that the thermo will basically be useless sit it sits so high ~8.25 gallons?

I only plan on doing 5 gallon batches so I figured the 10G would be more than sufficient as my BK.

Not at all. I will move the thermometer based on the size of batch I'm brewing. I have a punch and a plug. Plus the setup is all electric and I will be controlling temperature with installed RTDs, so the thermometer is there for "Local" Indication only.

their release of the new Tower of Power is killing me. first it was to be available in November then December now their website says nothing

wubears71 said:
Not at all. I will move the thermometer based on the size of batch I'm brewing. I have a punch and a plug. Plus the setup is all electric and I will be controlling temperature with installed RTDs, so the thermometer is there for "Local" Indication only.

How are you going to punch it?

I'm not sure what that means. Did they punch it for you?

Sorry. This is a punch. You drill a hole slightly bigger than the threaded part and insert it into the hole. You attach the cutter on the other end and tighten using a wrench. The cutter "punches" a clean hole into the kettle. I will then insert the thermometer there for 5 gallon patches and use a nut and bolt with a silicone washer to plug the pre cut hole.

All Blichmann pots come with a punched hole for the stock thermometer.

Here is a pic of the punch I use.
b5d9d2a9.jpg

It's a Greenlee punch. Not greenline. iPad autocorrect screwed that one up.

wubears71 said:
Sorry. This is a punch. You drill a hole slightly bigger than the threaded part and insert it into the hole. You attach the cutter on the other end and tighten using a wrench. The cutter "punches" a clean hole into the kettle. I will then insert the thermometer there for 5 gallon patches and use a nut and bolt with a silicone washer to plug the pre cut hole.

Sounds simple. Thanks for the info. Where did you buy the puncher? I may now upgrade to 15G ???

wubears71 said:

It's a Greenlee punch. Not greenline. iPad autocorrect screwed that one up.

Nvm just googled it. What size is required?

Last edited by a moderator:
wubears71 said:
You can buy them on amazon. Here is the link to the one you need.

Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NQWZCK/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00125HC80&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0G8E4DG62XGCYE7FCW4B

You can also use a step drill bit but it will leave a rough edge requiring you to clean up the opening.

Damn I really wish you didn't show me that. Now I'm back in this crazy pattern of not knowing if I should get the 10 or 15? Damn you (shaking fists)

Last edited by a moderator:
What batches do you typically brew?

I usually brew 5 gallon batches. I plan to use the 15 gallon as my hot water tank. I already have a 10 gallon that I use for the boil. If I want to do a larger batch, I'll switch them around.

I got my 15 gallon pot yesterday! However, the package was missing the washer that goes with the thermometer. Only got the nut and o-ring.

Here are the two twenties... I do 5 and 6 gallon batches now but going to start moving up into 10 and 15 gallons soon.

ForumRunner_20120426_080507.jpg

ForumRunner_20120426_080534.jpg

ForumRunner_20120426_080556.jpg

It is frustrating that you had to wait that long for the pot and hen can't use it because you didn't get all the parts. Last year I ordered a10gal and got it a month later, but it didn't have a dip tube. At least I could use it without the dip tube; they mailed me one a week later.

You should be able to order the washer from mcmaster and get it in a few days. I think electric brewery.com has the part number on their site.

It is frustrating that you had to wait that long for the pot and hen can't use it because you didn't get all the parts. Last year I ordered a10gal and got it a month later, but it didn't have a dip tube. At least I could use it without the dip tube; they mailed me one a week later.

You should be able to order the washer from mcmaster and get it in a few days. I think electric brewery.com has the part number on their site.

Agreed....

I have a Grainger around the corner from work. I might run over there with the washer off my 10 gallon and have them match it up. I have a call in with the vendor to get the washer sent from Blichmann. Pain in the butt..

Latest posts

Back