Any Successful Micro-Brewery Stories Out There Today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BVilleggiante

Reaction score
I'm looking to possibly have a nano-brewery up and running in a year or so just as a side thing while I still have my regular 9-5 job. I was reading a failure story yesterday that was depressing and kind of got me down. There's got to be some good success stories out there, so feel free to share.

I have a business background so I wouldn't be going into this blind and my goal is more to make great beer and have people enjoy it than to make lots of money.

You might want to look at the pro brewer forum but on HBT they're is one guy who brews for his buddies restaurant and another who is currently making a beer BBQ place

Great timing. There is a nano that got started here in western NY, in the north side of buffalo. At least one of the guys is on HBT, that's how I found out about them about a year ago. I have been following them ever since. I believe tomorrow is the first day their beer is available for public sale.

http://www.communitybeerworks.com/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/what-has-two-thumbs-going-pro-185611/

I am looking forward to heading out towards buffalo to try their stuff sometime. Too bad I don't get out that way much.

Disclaimer: I am in no way, shape, or form associated with this company, nor have I received any compensation (cash or beer [unfortunately]) for my advertising their opening.

I'm 22 years old, and I absolutely DREAM!!! of opening a brew-pub, so ride on man, also I just had my first successful brew, and life could not be better. Don't let anything get ya down man, keep on brewin!:mug:

dude...there is not a better time to start a nano brewery than right now!

i'm currently pre-med, but i constantly lay awake at night dreaming of the possibility of beginning my own brew pub. i'm very confident that i can make A LOT of money brewing down south not because i'm a fantastic brewer :)D) but simply because they're non-existent. i'm more passionate about medicine though, so i think i'll stick with that route.

i would HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY look into begging your brewery in the southeast. i'm in florida right now, and in the 4 years, i've seen three breweries pop up in my college town. they produce great beer and seem to be doing great.

you should see the local grocery stores over here. three years ago when i was a freshman, publix was literally ALL BMC. you were considered a beer connoisseur if you drank blue moon over here. nowadays, every publix in tallahassee dedicates half of the beer isle to craft beers.

let me tell ya, if you're going to start a nano brewery...now is the time.

Back