Breakfast stout time!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thor the Mighty

Reaction score
Hi there guys, been a long time since posting but I have been wanting to make a breakfast stout for a while now and came up with this recipe. What do you think, if anything, should be corrected? Never made a breakfast stout before!

For 6.5g

#
10 Maris Otter
1 Chocolate malt
1 roasted malt
2 flaked oat
.5 black malt
1 special B
.5 rye malt
1 caramel malt
total 17#

Anticipated 1.075

hops
(oz)
1.5 nugget 60minutes
.5 nugget 30 minutes
.5 willamette 30minutes
.5 willamette F/O

2.5 oz baker's chocolate
1.5 oz cocoa nibs
3oz American oak in bourbon
2 vanilla beans

WLP001

Thank you for your input.

thats gone be one dark beer with a lot of specialB flavor that im not crazy about

I'm not an expert in stouts at all but I would have to think 3.5 lbs of really highly kilned and heavily roasted malts would be overkill, correct me if I am wrong...

Rum is right....I should have mentioned that I love...love...love coffee...I am trying to get the vanilla/toast/roast/coffee that you get out of artisan coffee, and have been wanting to make a beer that emulates this without actually adding coffee... so do you think carafa would be able to do that?

Dann-I asked for you to correct me :) go ahead. Will 3.5 lbs be overkill?

CCIS-I don't mind special B, and love what it does with other styles, that is why I added it to the recipe. What do you think I should do?

Back