dumped first batch so sad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dweb911

Reaction score
It was a sad day. After trying to stomach it, waiting, trying again, and hoping that each day would impart a better aged flavor to the coors light tasting syrup beer i made... i openned the keezer to find one gallon of beer on the bottom of it. It was the last straw as i figured the beer gods has spoken. Down the drain it went. Now on to bigger and better batches!:confused:

I just did mine too, it was a hefe, I used different ingredients than I did the first time and it just did not come out right. I honestly am now thinking I might have grabbed some oats instead of wheat off the shelf. Either way, I never liked the way the samples tasted when I was checking the FG. I probably could have waited, but I knew something was wrong from the start. The first sample told me it stunk. Yet I kept going thinking it was going to turn. but alas today, i took it out of the keg before the first beer had been poured. I have a fantastic Stout Chocula cousin that is going in this weekend, and a pirate for next. So I am not that sad, but it was a true learning experience.

*breaks out bugle*

*plays taps*

RIP

Arlington10.jpg

Hey if it was a coors light clone it was dead on arrival anyway! Now its time to brew a real beer!

The brew gods were trying to punish you for trying to clone such a crappy beer. Hang in there it get's better. I am drinking a pint IPA right now from my 4th batch ever and it is so freaking tasty! Get back on that horse and brew!

coors light? you could not have chosen a more difficult beer for your first brew, quite literally. don't get discouraged, brew some american micro-brew type stuff! way easier, faster, and better.

The problem was i was trying to make a British ipa. It turned out tasting like coors. I would never insult homebrewing with such a worthless clone. On to the next i suppose. Thank you for the bugle btw.

The problem was i was trying to make a British ipa. It turned out tasting like coors. I would never insult homebrewing with such a worthless clone. On to the next i suppose. Thank you for the bugle btw.

Whoa... A British IPA into coors tasting liquid. Houston, we have a problem. :rockin:

In all honesty though, don't get discouraged, keep your head up, brew on, and expect the world of your next beer. As SWMBO tells me "every beer you brew is your best one yet". As I sit on the couch feeling good about myself! :cross:

It was a sad day. After trying to stomach it, waiting, trying again, and hoping that each day would impart a better aged flavor to the coors light tasting syrup beer i made... i openned the keezer to find one gallon of beer on the bottom of it. It was the last straw as i figured the beer gods has spoken. Down the drain it went. Now on to bigger and better batches!:confused:

After seeing the title of the thread I'll admit I let out a tiny little "awww". I'm sorry for your loss. Things will get better though.

Back