Northern Illinoisians, let's friggin' unite!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
Tired of this place becoming a clique for the GRABASSers. Let's make our own clique:

KNIFE: Knowledgable Northern Illinois' Fermenting Elite
N.I.H.I.L.I.S.T.: Northern Illinois Hombrewbrewer Imbibing Liquid Strength Today
IMBIBE: Illinois' Manly Brewers Intoxicating Bretheren Everywhere

Anyone else got anything? Anyone want to meet over Thanksgiving weekend for a sharing of feelings at a local watering establishment or other drinkery?

...oh, and I'd probably be in on a gathering too - depending on the date and what SWMBO has planned.

Here ya go:

N.I.T.W.I.T.S.
Northern Illinois Trub Wranglers Ingesting Tasty Suds

I like NIPPLE. But, hey - who doesn't?!:ban:

Speaking of a meeting we should pick someplace to meet instead of just talking about it. Here, pick!

Off the top of my head, any Rock Bottom location is fine, there is one in Warrenville. Of course, Flossmoor Station is a place you'll never have to twist my arm to visit! I'd also recommend Emmett's Ale House in Downers Grove. And don't forget Lunar Brewing in Villa Park!

When it comes to beer bars, Palmer's Place in LaGrange is great and a little known place called John's Buffet in Winfield is a great tavern with a nice draft selection.

I don't really care where - just do it!

rdwj said:
So....

When is the 1st SNIZZLE meeting??? We always seem to get stuck at this point!

I'm good with day after T-day. Anyone else? Do we just want to meet for beer, or is anyone going to be brewing that day? Pot Luck beer anyone? (meaning we all bring whatever leftover ingredients we have on hand and make a brew with them.)

I'm out the day after Turkey Day. I have piles o' nonsense around the homestead for that weekend. :eek:

Think we could make the hockey thread for after the first of the year a S.N.I.Z.Z.L.E. event?

Ize

So when we doing this S.N.I.Z.Z.L.E. thing??

I'm totally in. . . .

I personally like Ize's idea of a peoria Rivermen outing with some forays out to some local night life here in Rivertown.

I'm thinking. . . . .Rhodell's BrewPub, Kelleher's, Hofbrau, Bar Louies. ..

I'm up for anything. . .and I have at least one other brewer to join us here locally!!

:mug:

Biermann said:
ummm. . .did this die, or is there still some interest??

Maybe after the New Year??

It's going to be hard for the Central SNIZZLES and northern SNIZZLES to collaborate unless there's a hotel and a lot of SWMBO understanding. My wife knows all too well the kind of trouble I can get into in Peoria, and hanging out with a bunch of middle-aged drunks that we barely know isn't her idea of a great night out.

Back