Project Monsterator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everybody, I really appreciate the kind words. It's been one of the worst days I've had in a long time, but sitting at the bar with my dad having a few beers and talking everything over.

I can't wait more than ever to get this thing done and have some good times.

hey joe sorry to hear about ur dog... kegerator looks sick cant wait to see it painted we should hang out again sometime man let me know when ur in town see u at the 5 year!

Make a recipe in his honor. Maybe a Bernese Mountain Stout. Big and Sweet, probably just like he was.

My condolences.
when pets are around that long, they are family... and in many cases, incredibly close to children.

and though it sucks, death is just another part of the life. remember the good times that you had with the lil guy/gal.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Me and SWMBO were just discussing our eldest dog last night about having to put her down some day. She is getting old, but still should have several years left. You're loss is a reminder to enjoy her more while she's around. Again sorry for your loss, they're "just dogs", but they're family.
Definite commemorative brew is in order for sure.

hey joe sorry to hear about ur dog... kegerator looks sick cant wait to see it painted we should hang out again sometime man let me know when ur in town see u at the 5 year!
Thanks man! I can't believe you were still up at 2:45... i was passed out on mikes floorby 2:15, hahaha. Like I said I'll keep in touch with you and get you some kegs to fill up that second fridge. We should plan for a brew day the week of the 5-year.

Make a recipe in his honor. Maybe a Bernese Mountain Stout. Big and Sweet, probably just like he was.
I think that would be awesome and makes perfect sense. Maybe some swiss influence somehow in the beer.

My condolences.
when pets are around that long, they are family... and in many cases, incredibly close to children.

and though it sucks, death is just another part of the life. remember the good times that you had with the lil guy/gal.
He was basically my brother and will always be missed.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Me and SWMBO were just discussing our eldest dog last night about having to put her down some day. She is getting old, but still should have several years left. You're loss is a reminder to enjoy her more while she's around. Again sorry for your loss, they're "just dogs", but they're family.
Definite commemorative brew is in order for sure.
Definitely cherish every day you can with them. I wasn't around as much for him recently (being down in CT and him being here in MA) but it didn't hurt any less.

Tomorrow the gf and I will be finishing up the priming on the bad boy and keep the momentum going.

Sorry to hear about your loss, its always hard, but they are such a part of the family, especially when you've had them since you were young. Our newfy that we had to put down a few years ago was in the family since I was 6 years old. I definitely like the idea of making a recipe in their honor :)

I can't believe I had gone so long without reading this thread. You're a God among men, sir. Also, I know how it felt to lose my childhood dog, so I'm really sorry.

Next summer I'd like to make a keezer, though probably on a slightly smaller scale, so your work's going to be invaluable to me.

I have one question about your keezer, have you found a place to get the tartan paneling from? Or are you just going to spray glue actual cloth to the sides?

Sorry to hear about your loss. My SWMBO and I have had Berners for a while... 3 of them... and we've lost two over the last two years. Jake as a two year old (histeosarcoma... nasty..nasty dog cancer stuff) and then Benjamin our elder-statesman, the 8 year old just about two months ago to (osteosarcoma... bone cancer).

12 is a really really long life for the breed. They're great dogs. Sorry again...

Thanks again for all the kind words. It was a rough couple weeks after he was put down.

The good news is that my mother decided to get another one!

This is Bosco - He's not ready to come home yet but the first week in august he will be!! apparently he was the first one to walk from one part of the house to the other, only because he was hungry! apparently he has been nursing non stop and is going to be a big boy:
bosco.jpg

bosco1.jpg

This week there is going to be a buttload of progress (I hope). My plan is to put another coat of rust doctor on today and also apply it to the top of the freezer. I am also going to be getting some tie downs for the interior.

I plan on painting the entire base coat on tuesday, and running the interior setup on thursday.

Wednesday is my day of rest, because I just picked up this bad boy on friday.....

keggle.jpg

Thank you Anthony_Lopez for this bad ass unit!!! I can't wait to brew on Wednesday with this, and then again on Saturday (2 15 gal batches!).

I will update with pictures all this week. I'm really motivated to get this thing over and done with. I'm fed up with not being able to enjoy it.

We are using 2 kettles, and my intention was to control the boil very carefully :)

Alright, here's what's happening:

This is the lid getting covered in rust dr

Picture512.jpg

Picture517.jpg

These next 4 pictures are within 3 minutes of each other. It's amazing.
Picture515.jpg

Picture510.jpg

Picture508.jpg

Picture516.jpg

Pretty crazy huh? Everything is drying right now. I'm getting my MLT situated now.

Paint!!! GASP!!!

Tonight is going to be a long night. I'm going to do as much on the interior as I can before I go to soccer tonight, and when I get back I will begin on the outside. WOOOO!!

Quick phone pic - Yes, that is metallic paint, so the inside will shine! :D
spraypaint1.jpg

hahahaha!! Since I'm inside I have both windows open, two fans and a mask on. Zac doublechecked to make sure I was using the right one. Time to play some futbol!
I used rustoleum expoxy, man I got high painting the inside of that thing

Careful spraypainting inside. You won't know until it's too late that the paint is on everything.

I'd vote for bringing the bad boy outside when you go to paint the exterior.

Lookin good.

Careful spraypainting inside. You won't know until it's too late that the paint is on everything.

I'd vote for bringing the bad boy outside when you go to paint the exterior.

Lookin good.

Agreed. We've got misty halos on the floor around some of our radiators where previous owners had no idea how spray-paint worked.

If it didn't weigh as much as it does (it is HEAVY) and I also have to remove door frames and tilt it on its side I would take it outside.

The house is a rental and they are going to knock it down when we move out, so no worries :D

If it didn't weigh as much as it does (it is HEAVY) and I also have to remove door frames and tilt it on its side I would take it outside.

The house is a rental and they are going to knock it down when we move out, so no worries :D

Makes ya feel safe living in a demo eh ;)

Don't even get me started man. Constant headaches with this house and they couldn't care less. Can't wait to move and buy my own house.

who likes pictures? (I DO I DO!!)

Layer 1 of paint - FIGHT

Picture522.jpg

Picture523.jpg

Picture524.jpg

Picture525.jpg

I think it looks pretty damn good! It's going to take a few layers for it to cover up the dark spots, but I don't care! I'm going to keep going with it.

Also, a few pics of toys:

MLT Cooler and on the right is my old wort chiller, the left is my new one:
Picture526.jpg

My plan is to actually combined the two of them at some point - may as well right?

Here's the inside of the cooler:
Picture527.jpg

Although it's difficult to see, I put this little special treat on the top:
Picture528.jpg

Time for dinner and then i'm going to start back up again. I need to go and buy 3-4 more spray cans though.

I'm planning on getting the interior completed so the freezer is at least working before I finish the plaid. That's over the next day or two.

The interior is completed painted too, I will post a picture tonight.

I miss Sambas. Can you still find them? Or gazelles for that matter?
You gonna have this thing done in time to enjoy a beer on New Years? haha

Any new progress with the paint? :fro:
I've actually been on vacation since last wednesday, so I haven't even had internet until today!
r those white sambas I see by the shoe rack? sweet boots.
Thanks! I love them.
I miss Sambas. Can you still find them? Or gazelles for that matter?
You gonna have this thing done in time to enjoy a beer on New Years? haha
There's a local soccer/rugby store that has them in stock at all times. You should see my red/red sambas, they are awesome! I also have the classic black/white/tan as well.
sambared.jpg

sambas and gazelles can be found still! You can find some good deals on NOS adidas on ebay
Just find a good local place, they're cheaper too.

This WILL get done I promise! I'm actually closing on a property this week so that's taking precedent, but I've got some time to work on it soon.

Back