Honey meets Saison?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey meets Saison?

• add the honey

• leave well enough alone

Results are only viewable after voting.

badlee

Reaction score
I am currently living at my in-law's farm after my wife gave birth to our second son.
It's becoming very hard to be away from all of my beer gear, let alone not be able to brew.
So,I bit the bullet and brewed a 4.5ltr BIAB on mum's stove when she was sleeping Saturday night.
1kg pils malt
85gr flaked Tritticale and 15gr flaked oats
5gr Glacier@60, 15gr@20 and 10gr@10. Saison Dupont yeast
My problem is this: every time I go to the fridge, there are these two tubes of 140gr organic honey telling me that I really DO want to squeeze one of them into the now quiet beer.
So gentlemen, I hate to be the one to decide.
1) add the honey now
2)leave well enough alone
cheers, Lee

I got one for add the honey.
It,s 5 in the morning here and I will now be looking to add it when I get home in about 12 hours unless otherwise convinced.

It's one of those ideas that could just turn out fantastic, but if it doesn't, then I didn't loose out much from such a small batch,eh.

Well gents, I added the honey about 15 minutes ago and wet to the loo.
I came out, took a peek andfermentation had restarted and a new krausen was forming.
When honey met saison.

I just realised that I forgot to add whirl flock on brew night.
Looks like we are in for a murky yellow brew

will have to see what a basin of ice can do then, as I do not think the Mrs mum would like me to empty here fridge

Nevermind the beer. What the heck is an Englishman doing living in Chang Mai or do Thai people type like an Englishman?

appen they dunt type like Englishmen!
I have been living here in the homebrew wastelands for the last 13 years.

Well, it looks like I made a boo boo:eek:
But not an overly bad one:)
It seems that I need to improve my system of labeling yeast that I store,because I somehow seem to have pitched Brett B Trois instead of the Dupont slurry.
It pours a very hazy warm yellow with a creamy 2 finger head that doesn't hang around for too long.
The mouth feel is creamy and fullish,kind of like a strong Wit.
Taste is something I did NOT anticipate at all. We are talking HUGE floral honey(aroma also) with some floral hop taste coming through,bringing with it some peach/pear/mango/nectarine. To top it all off there is a deffinite,pleasing tartness that seems to amplify all other areas of aroma and flavour.
Best bloody mistake I ever made.

Back