BCS Level Sensing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneHoppyGuy

Reaction score
I'm looking at this continuous level sensor.

No... it's not cheap. But it can be configured for 1-5 volt output. How would I use this with a BCS controller since the BCS does not work with an analog signal? A transducer? if so, what am I looking for?

I have looked around for "resistance" output versions, but most have small range of resistance change to work with automotive fuel gauges. There was one that had a range for working with 2K thermistors but the BCS uses 10K thermistors so I do not know what you kind of results you would get.

I am unsure as to whether the setup with the Arduino would give you the results you are looking for, let me do some additional looking for a suitable method to make this work.

Research research research
Ok… so here is a transducer that does similar to what I’m looking for. What would it take to build one that just took 0-5V and converted it to 0-10K ohms?
From there it shouldn’t take much to make it work with the BCS… right?

OneHoppyGuy said:
Please excuse my complete ignorance.
Would a Ceramic Oscillator work as a clock?

I suspect so, though I'm an amateur too. Just make sure the frequency and voltage outputs are within the specs of the chip you pick.

Back