Dark Night At Acre in Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdgeBrewer

Reaction score
Hello fellow beer nerds! To celebrate the darkest night of the year, my local taproom Acre in Chicago's Andersonville neighborhood is tapping some rare and amazing dark beers. Come out this thursday (12/22/11) to enjoy the likes of 2010 Goose Island Bourbon County Vanilla Stout, Stone 2008 Bourbon-Aged IRS, Firestone Walker XV, Southern Tier Iniquity, DFH Bitches Brew, Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti and many, many other great dark beers. Acre is at 5308 N. Clark St., Chicago. Starts at 7:00 Hope to see you there!

It was great, favorite of the night was the Firestone Walker XV and my fiancé really loved the creme brûlée from Southern tier. Everything was $5 and that got you about 3/4 full of a snifter, which was fine cause all the beers were high gravity and this amount allowed us to try more. The place was packed when we got there at 6 and even more so when we left at 8 and I'm assuming remained that way all night. All and all a success!

Back