Whats the best Beer you have had out of a Can?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayman931

Reaction score
I have seen a few threads recently about best...or worst....that you have had. As I sip my Blue Moon out of a can (i never knew it came in a can till my friend just gave me one)...it actually isn't that bad. I poured it into a pint glas...it passes the drinkable test...(i know blue moon isn't the best but I hardly ever drink beer from a can)

Whats the best beer you have had that came out of a can?

:mug:

Just about anything from 21st amendment. they can their beers and every one I've had has been a winner.

I had an IPA from a can a couple months ago, I don't remember what it was though. Pretty good IPA though

I'm enjoying a delicious 21st Amendment Hop Crisis right now that until very recently was residing in a can. I agree with the post above that said anything by 21A is in the runnings. I'm not really a partisan when it comes to the packaging vessel of my beer, so long as it's well made and well kept until it gets to me. It seems like the cans are a little more forgiving of abuse in the distribution system, though.

Surly Furious is one of the most pleasantly unique beers I have ever had. Overall, it's the best canned beer I've ever had.

Ten Fidy is also my favorite non-oaked Imperial Stout.

New Belgium Brewing's Ranger IPA is a highly sessionable IPA with plenty of Simcoe flavor.

Dale's Pale Ale, and Tallgrass Oasis.

I haven't had too many beers from a can. There's only a few around here that come in cans (besides some beer flavored yellow fizzy water).

Hockley Gold

++++

Edit: upon review of available data, this beer is retired, and apparently macro in flavor. This means my young tastebuds (I haven't had one in at least 4 years) can not properly rate beer. Which makes sense because I drank Bud then and can barely stomach the stuff now.

VB is the only thing I drink in cans. It makes it that much more drinkable for some reason? I'm not really a beer fan though.. I like my ciders.

+1 for Dale's Pale Ale.

One of the best beers ever for me, as you can see from my sig, was when I was deployed to Iraq. Having been stationed in Germany, I was in a beer drinker's paradise. But, because of a beautiful little regulation, something we liked to call General Order No. 1, prohibited alcohol consumption when deployed. Four months in and my translator hands me an Amstel lite in a can. It sure as hell wasn't Dunkelweissen, but it was one of the best damn beers I ever had.

Old Chub.

I also like several of Southern Star's canned offerings. I am glad to see more beers coming out in cans. It makes it more enjoyable to drink beer on the river, lake, etc.

Dale's Pale. One of my all-time favorite beers.

Some of the other Oskar Blues brews, I'm not as enamoured of even though I know they're considered excellent; the Ted Fidy I thought was terribly hot and oily, and the Imperial Red (Gordon's Ale, is that right?) I found incredibly hop-sticky, so massively hopped it tasted cloying.

But Dale's Pale Ale is just about perfect, just an impeccable example of a clean, highly drinkable APA.

I also agree with the Surly Furious, Old Chub, and Dales Pale Ale. but I love to finish with the Surly Coffee Bender. Unfortunately I can only do this once a year because we don't get Surly in Colorado :(

+1 on almost anything from Surly, I'm fortunate enough to be in MN for business regularly to get it. Like their package says, it's beer "From a Can, For a Glass". Also I have to take issue with 21A's "Hell or High Watermelon" Ale, I've had this twice, the first time it was so bad that I had to revisit it to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and it was equally atrocious.

I have to agree with mostly anything from Oskar Blues. Dales Pale is great and I just poured my last Old Chub in a glass last night instead of drinking it straight from the can. Even though it was in the 80s last night it was still an enjoyable beer even though it is on the dark side.

The best beers I've ever had from a can have to come from Surly.

Surly is one of the nation's top breweries as far as producing great beer, and they can their beer. My favorite is the regular IPA, Furious, but I like them all.

Lion Stout from Sri Lanka!

One of the best beers in the world if you ask me.

Michael

Back