Antique capper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eibbor

Reaction score
Look what I got! I know my Dad (71 years old) used to brew beer, but I dont remember it. He recently brought his old capper out of storage to give to me. He said he got it from his Dad, but he doesnt think that Grandpa ever used it. Any guesses on how old is this capper? I dont see a date on it.

Thanks!

IMG036.jpg

That capper is much better than your standard, included in kit wing capper. You can cap twist off's with that. Nice score!

Thanks, I think it is way cool too. I had to post a picture of it as soon as I got home with it, i was too excited to try and clean it up. And even with it all rusted, the mechanism is nice and smooth to operate. I can almost guarantee that my Dad hasnt used it in 30 years so I think that is impressive. I think this is one piece of brewing gear that SWMBO wont actually mind being left out, as she loves antiques.

Back