• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 3 gallon ball lock corny keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suthrncomfrt1884

Reaction score
I've been searching all over the internet and ebay trying to find one of these, and it seems impossible unless I want to spend $80 on a used one or $120 new.

I'm hoping someone on here may have one laying around that they don't use anymore. If so...shoot me some prices.

I've been searching all over the internet and ebay trying to find one of these, and it seems impossible unless I want to spend $80 on a used one or $120 new.

I'm hoping someone on here may have one laying around that they don't use anymore. If so...shoot me some prices.

Good luck! They usually are at least $80. When morebeer.com had a sale on them a few months ago, at $49.99, they sold out quickly. There are fewer of them in existance, so they rarely go cheap. I love mine, and they were on sale, so I didn't really mind paying $50 each for them.

I wouldn't mind paying 50 or 60 for one. I just can't see buying one used for 80 when I can get it new for 35 more. And new ones aren't too hard to come by.

Oh well nevermind then! They are hit or miss search on craigslist for a few months maybe you'll find something near a major city keep looking at ebay too

Yeah, unfortunately you are not alone in this quest! I've got one and would LOVE at least one more!

Yeah, unfortunately you are not alone in this quest! I've got one and would LOVE at least one more!

A friend of mine has one. He said he's willing to let me borrow it, but not buy it from him. His kegerator fridge stopped working though, so hopefully that will change his mind.

I'm just wanting the one so I can build the portable kegerator shown on the brewing networks website.

Just bought my second of those. Now I can split a 5-gal batch, force carb half, and naturally carb the second. Still too expensive, but definitely the best deal out there!

Awesome! Thanks for all the help everyone! I still haven't found one yet, but I'm on the prowl. I've got a few good prospects.

That's my number two prospect. I guess I shouldn't have said I hadn't found any yet.

I'm in talks with a local pepsi distributor that claims his boss has a bunch of 3 gallon kegs he uses for homebrewing. Apparently when they switched to bags, he kept a lot of the kegs and began homebrewing with them a year or so ago. He thinks the guy might sell me one pretty cheap since he has a bunch.

I'm watching a few on eBay and they are going for more than MidWest is selling and are asking for $20+ in shipping!!! CRAZY!!! Midwest only socked me $8 something for shipping, so I'm pretty happy. It probably won't match the one I bought brand new, but I think for $40 in savings I can get over that.

It's a damn shame my old-school fridge can't hold a 5 gal!

I got two 2.5 gallon kegs off craigslist in Washington for 40 a piece plus shipping about 100. He had a dozen, man do I wish I bought all 12. He didn't want to do paypal so I am left wishing I had just been a little more trusting. Oh well I got some 2.5 gallon kegs so I am content short of the fact that they will be empty for the next month.

Here's one on eBay, currently priced well... Item #190339843866. For some reason I can't get the link to work.

Not sure what all the contraptions on it are, but I'm sure you could plug them up. The guy says it's not had anything toxic in it.

It looks like it's been customized for something other than beer. It's not just the box either. The pin's look a bit different.

Back