Control panel wiring questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTaylor

Reaction score
I have started a build for an E-BIAB system base on this one and have a couple wiring questions.

Looking at the switch diagram, could I go from one X1 post to another and run the neutral wire from the last switch back to the incoming wire(kind of like a jumper from one X1 post to another)? Or do I have to run three individual neutral wires for the switches?

Also, does the contactor neutral have to come from the switch or can it just come from the terminal bar?

Thanks for the help.
Greg

You can definitely run the neutral from one switch to the next. You can do the same with the hot lines as well in order to save a little bit of wire and space

Thanks, that will make wiring a little easier since the switches are above each other.

Another question now, if I was to do this with the hot lines would I use only one fuse?

Getting close, just waiting on a few more pieces.

That diagram has different size fuses so I don't know. I used one fuse for my pid and none for my pump. If you want a fuse on each of those lines then they would have to be separate

Think about it like this, you are only going to have one terminal block for hot, neutral and ground...its all ultimately going to the same place in your control panel. As long as one switch does not isolate electricity (in both directions and ground) from another switch (unless that is what you want) you can link anything together.

Back