• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Some parts that I don't need anymore!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edecambra

Reaction score
So I am cleaning out my closet and wanting to unload a few items that I don't need any longer, I will have to wait to post pictures later this evening.

1 hand corker as seen here for 15 shipped Sold

1 SS shank (about 3.5-4 inches) with a faucet and tailpiece 20 shipped ( Edit: it is 5 and a quarter inches) Pics: sold
1345588052158.jpg

1345588073045.jpg

1345588110479.jpg

and perhaps a homemade stirplate or two for 20 bucks.

HDD Stirplate Sold, the "ghetto" one is still available, see second page for details.

As I said i'll post pictures later when I get home. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
What type of faucet is it? Forward sealing? Brass, chrome plated, or stainless? Send me a pm, and your email.

Is the stirplate beefy enough for a 4L starter? Do you have any video showign it work? If so I am 100% in for a stirplate.

I have two stirplates, both home-made computer fan type ones with rheostats to control the speeds. One is with an old external HDD enclosure and some plastic bits to get the spacing right and the other was the first one I made with the Radio Shack project box and admittedly a bit more ghetto. Both work, but you have to get the magnet holding before you switch them on, and then slowly ramp up the speed and play with it a second. I'll see about pictures of them spinning tonight, but I don't know about videos, we will see.

I have two stirplates, both home-made computer fan type ones with rheostats to control the speeds. One is with an old external HDD enclosure and some plastic bits to get the spacing right and the other was the first one I made with the Radio Shack project box and admittedly a bit more ghetto. Both work, but you have to get the magnet holding before you switch them on, and then slowly ramp up the speed and play with it a second. I'll see about pictures of them spinning tonight, but I don't know about videos, we will see.

Is the fan strong enough to get a whirlpool in a 4L starter?

I am interested in the shank and tap! PayPal?

You are second in line,

Also with regard to the shank assembly. I got this from someone of C-list about a year or two ago and never had use for it, the black plastic shank collar has some oversprayed paint on it, and the handle for the faucet is faded but all parts are complete and seem to be in good condition. Also check the new pictures and edited length (5 1/4 inches) The faucet seems to look really nice with no significant scratches or blemishes either.

Is the fan strong enough to get a whirlpool in a 4L starter?

Ok so here are a few pictures of the stir plates. I don't know if the better one will spin a 4 liter flask, but I have a good photo of it spinning a very ull 2 liter one with the vortex heading all the way down to the stir bar occasionally. This is with a 1 inch octagonal stir bar with a pivot in the center, and it looks like it would spin larger volumes well:

1345587470675.jpg

1345587488403.jpg

This one is a gutted HDD enclosure. Right now the case can be opened with no fittings, as the top is just resting on it. It is secure and has a nice rubber ring on the bottom to prevent it shaking or moving.
1345587826134.jpg

Here is the looks of my first homemade stir plate, where you can see that the vortex is just a dimple with the same stir bar.
1345587594939.jpg

if I use a smooth 1 inch bar it is a bit better but slightly so:
1345587724592.jpg

You can see that I had to play a bit with the height on it to get the magnets right. Perhaps you can swap the power supply on it to get more juice to spin the bar faster?
1345587750699.jpg

1345587800593.jpg

Considering you may want to play with the less powerful one I'll sell that one for 15 shipped. It does work but you may want to play with it a bit. The first one described i'll let go for 20 as mentioned before, but the power charger is beefy so buyer pays shipping.

Ask me questions

It is, but as I've just visited the post office yesterday and got a bit shocked at the cost to ship the other stuff, I have to revise the cost to 15 + 5 bucks for shipping, so let me know if you are still interested.

Cheers,

would you include the smooth 1" stir bar with the stirrer? I only do 1L starters so it should work ok for me.

Sorry, I only have the two bars so they arent included. Id like to keep them both.

The HDD stirplate is pending, and the ghetto one is still available. 15 + 5 bucks for shipping.

Feel free to ask what ever questions you have, cheers.

Holy crap! $20.00 shipped for a stirplate, even a "ghetto" one..is a effin good deal..if I didn't have one,..I would be all over it.
Box=8.00
fan=4.00
switch=3-4.00
rheostat=?

You don't have do drive around looking for the parts..assemble..not to mention finding the hardware and fine tuning...$15.00 +$5.00 shipping? No brainer.

Good luck with the sale op :)

Thanks for the bump, I think the price is fair, I am not looking to make money on this obviously. I recently got an old lab stirrer and wanted to recoup some costs in that. The low price reflects my "fine" craftsmanship. That said, it does work, as indicated in the photos above and if the buyer wants to tinker with it, all the parts are there for someone to work with.

Back