Best place to get DME online? (price wise)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undallas

Reaction score
I think DME is the way to go now...
it seems that my LHBS sells around $4-5 # in small batch.
I don't know if they sell 50# bag or not...
I checked with Northern Brewer... with shipping, it'll run around $150...
that's $3/#... pretty good.. convert to LME by X1.25 yields $2.42/#...
So I think this is better for my long term beer project due to freshness and availability.

Is there another place with better price online?

thanks

I think if undallas can get a 50# bag with shipping for about $150 from Northern Brewer then that is better than AHS. AHS has 40# bags for $140 plus $7 for shipping and you're getting 10 less pounds of DME for nearly the same price as Northern.

EDIT: I don't know about the sales tax laws in Texas but that is something undallas would have to consider as well. If he were to buy from AHS then sales tax 'could' further make the purchase unacceptable.

I am not sure if you're going to find a better deal than Northern. At least for an online purchase. Now if you can possibly find a friendly local mirco brewery you 'might' be able to buy a sack from them at cost or near cost. But I wouldn't count on it.

Northern was the best price last time I searched.

Just go ahead and order it. You're not going to find much better of a price. Maybe a couple of bucks on the whole deal. SO you'll end up saving maybe a $.01 per pound or so.

The sooner you get it, the sooner you can brew!

B

Northern Brewer charges full shipping charges for their bulk DME. Austin Homebrew does not. You will find that Austin Homebrew will have the best price per pound. If you find a better price let me know.

Forrest

Back