Beveragefactory.com draft beer tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m_c_zero

Reaction score
Purchased a 2 tap draft beer tower from beveragefactory.com and had both of the factory beer lines end up having leaks. Not sure if I just got some bad hoses or what, but just a word of caution, I would recommend replacing the hoses right away.

EDIT: Discovered it was not the beer lines that were leaking. Issue was a leaky elbow shank. See last post.

I dunno, I got a 3-tap tower from them and didn't have any trouble except one of the shank nuts was on there so tight I stripped it trying to get it off, and they sent me a new one.

Of course, it's been a very long time since I have had the original hoses on there, but I don't remember any leaks.

I've ordered 4 towers from them and only had one issue (perlick faucet wasn't cast perfectly and required some filing to make it not seat correctly - not really their fault).
Sounds like you got really unlucky!

Finally found out the problem. It wasn't the lines at all. Turns out it was a leaky elbow shank. Seems there is a pinhole leak where the elbow is soldered into the shank.

Contacted their support department this morning via e-mail, a few hours later got an e-mail back stating that they had placed an order to send me out a replacement at no cost and I don't even need to send the leaky one back. Very satisfied with their customer service.

Finally found out the problem. It wasn't the lines at all. Turns out it was a leaky elbow shank. Seems there is a pinhole leak where the elbow is soldered into the shank.

Contacted their support department this morning via e-mail, a few hours later got an e-mail back stating that they had placed an order to send me out a replacement at no cost and I don't even need to send the leaky one back. Very satisfied with their customer service.

Interested in selling the faulty one? I'll be first in line. Seems like an easy fix.

I'm going to bump this up.
I am dealing with this right now. Unsure where the leak is coming from, but they are sending a new shank I believe. What size wrench (guessing flare nut wrench) did you use. I am going to have to go and buy one. The tolerances are so tight.
I also have the 2 tap tower.

Got it off of there with a pair of channellocks. I as well had a pin hole in the solder joint. Easy fix with some more solder, but ridiculous.

Got it off of there with a pair of channellocks. I as well had a pin hole in the solder joint. Easy fix with some more solder, but ridiculous.

Yeah, I agree. I'm sure they're just buying the pieces separately and putting them together in house and selling them as entire towers. Don't know if they do any testing on them before they go out though...

Back