Kegerator has been sitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnson

Reaction score
Ok i have a few questions, here is a little back ground of my kegerator. So it is about 10 years old at first my father used it for kegs, then it was used as an extra fridge. He didnt also defrost it so ice would build up on the metal cooler part. So it looks like there are strain cracks on the sides and some at the bottom of the kegerator, how do i fix, patch etc? Fridge tape? Also since it has not been used for beer in years do i have to replace any of the tubes and or rubber rings/washers? They dont look dried out or rotted but i am not an expert here. The brand Kenmore. Im looking to get this up and running for myself before xmas... little xmas gift for myslef. Thank you all in advance. I can post pictures later if that helps when i get home.

any brew store will carry beer line. You should get 3/16 and about 10 feet per tap. I am not sure what rubber seals you are talking about?

10 feet per tap? That seems to be a bit excessive. The kegerator stands like 4 feet tall. Seals i was thinking were on the coupler

10 feet per tap? That seems to be a bit excessive. The kegerator stands like 4 feet tall. Seals i was thinking were on the coupler

The coupler seals SHOULD be fine, just visually inspect them for cracks.m And 10 feet is not excessive, do a bit of research on line balancing.

Thanks! will do!

3/16″ ID vinyl tubing = 3 psi/ft

Makes sense now thanks!

Back