What did Santa bring you for Christmas??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmedved

Reaction score
MOD EDIT: threads merged

I got a mash tun and an immersion chiller:rockin:
What did y'all get?

Nothing. We decided not to exchange presents this year, believe it or not!

But next week when I'm "home" visiting family, I'm going shopping. I need some small items (100 corks, for one!) and some clothes.

I really should have asked for some things...but I know my gf got me the "Designing Great Beers" book. I'm pretty excited bout that!

Merry Christmas to everyone in HBT land!! I can't imagine where I'd be in this hobby without you guys...and girls! :)

A second turkey fryer set up and a Lowe's gift card to cover lumber ... Gonna build a three tier gravity system while I am off work next week !

Gots me a barley crusher, 5 lbs of easy clean, and a new 6 gallon glass carboy. That'll help when I try making wine for the first time next year.

Merry Christmas everyone!

FoodSaver and a rock

Jackpot!!! On the rock, I mean. Are you going to use it to crush grain? Or as a paperweight for your brewsheet when you brew outdoors? Or you could boil your wort by heating the rock red hot and adding it to the brew pot. You are a lucky man!

Das Stiefel! (My last name is Stiefel)

user10129_70.jpg

The only brewing related item was a pint glass from my son's school - very nice. Am wearing a new shirt right now and my new flannel boxers. Want to see a picture? ;)

But next week when I'm "home" visiting family, I'm going shopping. I need some small items (100 corks, for one!) and some clothes.

But was the baby excited about it all?

New kettle, refractometer, sight glass, sack of grain, 3 lbs of hops, Designing Great Beers, Dave Smith's Home Brew book, Home Brewers Answer Book, Radical Brewing some Left Hand Brewing swag and a beer mug from the college my son attends. Simply amazing how my mother in law knew exactly what to get me.:)

She handed me her credit card and said get what you want off the internet.

Some additions to the beer collection, a set of old school style beer glasses, and the go ahead to order a second march pump (she didn't want to get the wrong thing).
Killian's Irish Red, Raspberry Lambic, Oatmeal Stout, Delirium Tremens, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, Vanilla Porter :)

DSCF6934.JPG

FoodSaver and a rock

You are a lucky guy! after accidentally throwing out my large stainless steel bearing I used for weighing down my hop catcher, I started using a golfball sized river rock, those things work great! easy to clean, and environmentally friendly!!

You will really enjoy that foodsaver as well, I am up to four of them, I don't think a day goes by that I haven't vacuum packed something.

I wont be opening presents until tomorrow morning, we drove to CA to be with my wifes aunt who has about a month left, and to spend time with our God-Son. After Christmas dinner we will be driving back to AZ, maybe I will get to open a gift or two when we get in!

SWMBO got me a dual keg system and a Johnson controller!!! I see a keezer build in my future. :cool:
This seems to be a trend.

I got enough cash for a keezer build, Brewing Classic Styles, and a sonic screwdriver.

Northern Brewer Irish Red kit. Receiving gifts is the one time I brew kits...it's just easier for people to buy them.

only thing homebrew related is a book--"Extreme Brewing: an enthusiast's guide to brewing craft beer at home". neat thing about this book is that it's written by sam calagione, owner of the dogfish head brewery.
non-brewing related--i also got a meat smoker. now i can smoke some meat while drinking a homebrew. :mug:

My brother bought me two shanks with tail pieces and faucets, and my dad got my two more faucets. I'll be purchasing the other shanks right quick and completing the conversion of the beer fridge in short order. New years bash at my place with 20 gallons of homebrew? Why yes, thank you!

I'm in the same boat Yoop... Sara and I didn't exchange anything... it's a bit of a bummer... I was thinking it might be cool to do something simple next year, cause nothing to open on Christmas morning sux...

$200 AmEx Gift Card...I already used it to buy a Johnson Thermostat for my keezer and a 19 inch SS Drip tray. 100 bucks left and I dont know what to buy. Im like a kid on Christmas...wait...it IS Christmas!
-Jefe-

Back