Cane Sugar soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubbaK

Reaction score
Anyone every make soda with sugar cane juice or other fresh sugar cane? I'm trying to find some info on it instead of the processed sugar..

Where would you get it in quantity? You might have better luck using unrefined cane sugar, but don't try it unless you like molasses.

There used to be a day when you could get real cane from the Grocer. Now a days you might find it at an Asian grocer.

You can also order it on-line but, I dunno what the quality is like.

Mmmmmm. Takes me back to a hocker in Msia. Yumm. Fresh squeezed sugar cane.

There are some places in NYC that sell the stalks and will grind/press them for you as a drink... I haven't seen it, but a few guys at work were telling me about it.. There are also some places on-line I found that sell it as well.. My though is that would take a whole lot of sugar juice to make a 2l bottle of soda..

I can get it - but it'll cost you $$$ for me to ship it to you in any kind of volume. maui sugar company sells a pure cane white(ish) table sugar

there are several commercial Soda bottlers that use pure cane sugar in thier sodas.

Wailua soda company comes to mind.

Boylans is another pure cane sugar soda company... Thats what got me thinking about it.. I've got a source for the extract, but I didn't know how it would relate to a soda recipe.. The guy that was telling me about it said they press it in the store and can drink it right from the press. It sounds like it would be too diluted once mixed with extract and water...

Jones uses pure cane sugar too.

There are also supposedly, pure cane versions of the Macro Soda around too. IIRC, only distinguishable by a different colored cap unless you read the ingredients.

i use it exclusively for my root beer
i get a 5lb bag at costco and its way cheaper than the 1lb packs at the local grocer

There are also supposedly, pure cane versions of the Macro Soda around too. IIRC, only distinguishable by a different colored cap unless you read the ingredients.

Coke(r) from mexico is made with cane sugar, it shows up in glass bottles at some retailers in the southern states.

I saw an advertisement somewhere that Pepsi was going to do a limited run of their sodas with real sugar. Forget the details.

Anyone every make soda with sugar cane juice or other fresh sugar cane? I'm trying to find some info on it instead of the processed sugar..

OK, just so I know I'm getting this right... You want to substitute fresh cane juice for sugar? OR, are you wanting to just dilute/carbonate the cane juice to make a sort of "cane juice soda?" I don't mean to seem dense here, I just wanted to be clear on what you're wanting to do. Regards, GF.

I saw an advertisement somewhere that Pepsi was going to do a limited run of their sodas with real sugar. Forget the details.

Pepsi throwback or something. They're doing Pepsi and Mt. Dew I believe. I can't wait to try some real sugar dew. Mexican coke with cane sure is pretty easy to find around here now.

Back