Red Beer (as in beer + tomato juice)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have never heard of this, i will have to try it.. i have some cans of iron city left in my keezer i believe from inlaws visiting.. that would probably be a good beer to try it out on.. anybody recommend good proportions?

Guess it would depend on the mix your using and how you prefer them more bloody or more beer. Mine are roughly 1 part mix to 3 parts beer

People put tomato juice in BMC to add some taste, If Your HB needs tomato, you need a different HB recipe.

People put tomato juice in BMC to add some taste, If Your HB needs tomato, you need a different HB recipe.

I disagree..... sorta.

Sorry to revive this old thread, but it's football season, and just about everyone I know drinks "red beer". I know it's popular in several states, but it seems more popular here in Nebraska than anywhere. When the Huskers go to a bowl game, the bars in that city are warned to stock up on tomato juice, and mix it with beer when the fans ask for red beer. Not kidding. The small town bars sling it to the regulars by the pitcher full.

Also, I made a 10gal batch of the Helles Bells, with 5gal still sitting in a fermenter. I just tried a touch of V8 with some from the kegerator, and it's pretty damn good. I don't think this is a case of trying to make crap beer taste better, it's making a craft beer cocktail. Hater's gonna hate.

I'm going to try it on my Father-in-law, with home made tomato juice. If that guy thinks it's good, it's sure to win over your tomato and BMC mixing friends. ;)

I'm not a big fan of

Well since it's revived...

My name for Red Beers is "Waste Of a Perfectly Good Beer"

While everyone I know swears that these or Ceasers are the best hang over cure... I just cannot stand them. I just simply dislike Tomato Juice and Clamato.

Worse.. I live in city that invented the Ceaser and Clamato.... no one understands when I say I don't want one in the morning...

I've mentioned in other threads my personal aversion to flavored, spiced and herbed beers, but that doesn't include red beer and cheladas. They aren't doctored beers; they're mixed drinks made with beer.

I noticed some disparaging posts here about Bud cheladas, but I like them - at least, the ones with regular Bud as opposed to Bud light - especially the picante (spicy) version. Then again, what do I know? I also like a Bud Mang-O-Rita over crushed ice now and then, after a hot, sweaty day at work. :)

I was at a beer festival last year and Ballast Point had their Bloody Mary mix and their Pale Ale together. The spiciness from the mix and the bitterness from the beer were actually a really good combination.

Whenever my wife and I go to Twin Peaks, it's usually for thier $1.99 MGD's. But the only way that I can drink them down is to add tomato juice, but it's pretty damn good.

mmm red beer, first thing I get when I land in Omaha. I like to add lots of pepper.

Back