Electric Burner Igniter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
So my single tier brew stand has propane burners. NO automation here. NO gals valves. Just turn the ball valves on and manually light the burners. I would like to use some igniters but not the pushbutton BBQ style ones. Are there electric ones that do the same thing via a battery? Where and how much?

Thanks all.

The electrode will not melt in the flame, the challenge is getting it positioned so the spark can light the burner off. Usually the method is to hit one of the burner openings at the edge with the spark. Another item that can give you trouble is fuel/air ratio, lean mixtures are hard to light, adjust air shutter until you just see a hint of yellow in the flame tips, that is optimum mix.

I never got around to adding it to the brew rig. I sold the one I had as I needed $ bad. Now I came into some money unexpectedly and am building another SS rig and will be adding the ignitor to it within 3-4 weeks. I will post back on the results.

Back