Good Beer of the month club?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducky

Reaction score
Cousins birthday is coming up and he is really starting to get into good beers. His girlfriend wants to get him a subscription to a beer of the month club so she asked me. And I have NO idea. Sure, I can google all the clubs. But it would be nice to get some personal experience.

I don't know of any off hand. Most good brew shops will give you recommendations for good seasonal beers. You should tell her to buy him a $500 gift certificate to Northern Brewer or Midwest Supplies or Austin Homebrew and let him pick a beer kit per month from their catalog. At least she would know that he would be getting a good quality kit.

The beer of the month clubs are expensive as hell and you can't even get them in a lot of states. I agree with a gift card to a good bottle shop.

The beer of the month clubs are expensive as hell and you can't even get them in a lot of states. I agree with a gift card to a good bottle shop.

Can not say this enough. My wife got me a membership to one and it was a waste of money.

My girlfriend gave me a censored and I love it. Their selections are unique and the beer is super fresh. I would recommend them, they have had the club for over 15 years it says on their website.

Do they have a spam of the month club too?

Ooohhhh.... a vertical spam tasting! Sign me up.

I agree that bottle clubs are not the best way to go, unless you live in a barrel beer wasteland, then they may be the only way to go.

Thanks for the advice everyone. She decided against the BOTM club and is instead sending him to a go-kart track to drink and drive fast :tank:.

Mmmmmm.... some spam to go with my monthly beers... And since their website says that they have been a club for 15 years, they must be good at what they do? What a great club!

Hey guys, guess what we should call the website?! :ban:

My girlfriend gave me a Beer of the Month Club from Clubs of America at www.owww! my eyes.com and I love it. Their selections are unique and the beer is super fresh. I would recommend them, they have had the club for over 15 years it says on their website.

Thanks for the advice everyone. She decided against the BOTM club and is instead sending him to a go-kart track to drink and drive fast :tank:.

Thats what I did on my bachelor party. It was great, but for some reason the more I drank to slower my lap times got :confused:

bump for the vertical spam tasting.

really though, some of these beer of the month clubs ship exotic beers like Lost Abbey and others which i otherwise can't get. if one was to go about joining a BOtM club which one is best for their selection and $$$?

stay classy san diego:D

really though, some of these beer of the month clubs ship exotic beers like Lost Abbey and others which i otherwise can't get. if one was to go about joining a BOtM club which one is best for their selection and $$$?

If there is something in particular you are looking for there are online liquor stores. You will still get killed on shipping but at least then you get to pick what you get.

So, the question has to be asked.

We've all seen the bacon beer threads and thought WTF?

Now I dare someone to brew a Spam beer.

Maybe do a whole series.

December: Holiday Spiced Spam Ale
January: Spam Stout
February: Spam Irish Red
March: Spam Porter
April: Spam Belgian
May: Spam Maibock...
and etc.

If you are looking to try some beers that you cannot get locally, you can find a partner to swap with here on HBT or on a site like BeerAdvocate.

Yowzers, $35/mo for a 12 pack??

Your normal good beer is at least 8 dollars a sixer plus tax. So that is $17 plus 12 bottles full of beer is at least $12 shipping. So that is 29 dollars. 35 doesnt seem to bad to ship beer that isn't available where you are.

Forrest

Your normal good beer is at least 8 dollars a sixer plus tax. So that is $17 plus 12 bottles full of beer is at least $12 shipping. So that is 29 dollars. 35 doesnt seem to bad to ship beer that isn't available where you are.

Forrest

Damn you voice of reason! *shakes fist*

seriously though, good point.

Back