beer snacks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeasty

Reaction score
what are some of your favorite goodies to go with your brew ? beer style specific please. (sorry if there is a good thread on this one)

Pretzels go so well with a cream ale, its amazing.

I have a wonderful IPA that I brewed that goes just excellent with a hearty meal with bold flavor. I tend to drink one with a steak and baked potato dinner, its bold flavor complements well and the bitterness cuts through the richness and fattiness of the meat as well as the toppers to the baked potato.

Its not exactly a food, but I love to enjoy an oatmeal stout with an after dinner pipe or cigar, there's nothing better.

Usually I only get feeling munchy after I have had quite a few and then it is whatever I can find!

Mood is different all the time. Usually though something savory and carbohydrate rich. Cheese is always good. Wicked spicy goes well with hoppy beers. Habeneros and such...

Wasabi peas & stout. The slight heat from the wasabi goes so well with stout. Preferably victory storm king.

+1 to what andrwhock said

Venison and Hops.

I recently cooked some Venison tenderloins in a marinade
and had them with a Ruination + mustard/potatoes

God that was good.

hot wings! goes great with .... when wasted

make wings:
cut wings into wingetts
bread wings with flour, cayenne , salt n pepper
fry wings

sauce:
about a cup of hot sauce (franks redhot)
1 tsp tobascco (optional) ... or more for desired heat.
1 Tbl white vinagar

put wings in bole with lid pour sauce over ... shake ... and enjoy.

hot wings! goes great with .... when wasted

make wings:
cut wings into wingetts
bread wings with flour, cayenne , salt n pepper
fry wings

sauce:
about a cup of hot sauce (franks redhot)
1 tsp tobascco (optional) ... or more for desired heat.
1 Tbl white vinagar

put wings in bole with lid pour sauce over ... shake ... and enjoy.

that sauce sounds good, going to have to mix that up. its usually redhot and butter here.

Worst beer and food pairing EVER:
2513281912_1a9dd5f519.jpg

cuttlefish_mix_w4.jpg

(That's spicy cuttlefish jerky...)

The blind staggers leads me to frozen pizza rolls. Microwave util temperature equals molten lava, immediately burn top of neck hole. SWMBO tells me to be a man and stop all that screaming.

Black Diamond cheddar cheese and hard salami...

Glubki has it dead on.The sharpest cheddar you can find with a good malty ale is right up there with fantasizing that SWMBO is Jessica Beil!

Oranges go really well with a good stout or porter. Seriously. I was drinking a Black Butte and decided to peel an orange and just eat it in sections. It was amazing with drinks of the beer in between.

Just warmed up some leftover homemade Philly's to go with my IPA. But really does it matter as long as the brew is good? Great thread, but makes my head hurt right now beings I'm doing research (drinking bought unwanteds to make room for my homebrew).

While just about everything under the sun goes well with beer, a couple of things stand out for me.
Limburger on crackers (Triscuit) with a German Pils
A good Ruben washed down with an IPA.

Latest posts

Back