So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing up a 2.5 gal batch of centennial blond to test out a no chill batch.. Trying to see how the hops adjustments turn out. Also just really like centennial blond!

Finishing my 2nd Sour for the year right now. This one will get racked onto Black Cherries in about a month and join it's brother that has been sitting on Pomegranate-Infused Cranberries for a month.

Tomorrow I brew my first DIPA. Should hit about 8.5% ABV. All CTZ hops, nice and bitter grapefruit.

I am so jealous of the sour batch have not tried one yet!!

I need help with a yellow dog pale ale any advice is appreciated

I need real help i don't wanna screw it up next I wanna try a blonde

New Year's Day brewing: 'La Fin de L'Annee", a belgian triple based on Unibroue's La Fin du Monde.
Supposed to be in negative digits overnight and around zero tomorrow am when I'll be starting(5amish), so I'll do this one in the garage with the door cracked open about 1 foot. I practiced down there with my last two brews, so I have the bugs worked out(says the blindly optimistic).
Happy Brewing everyone! And have a great 2014!
:mug:

I am intent on completing a new Belgian Blond recipe over the weekend, to kick off 2014. I had hoped to start on this tomorrow, but was upset to discover my LHBS had closed early for New Years today. Oh well, will start on it Friday. :)

Brewed up about 6 gallons of Dunkelweizen. Had to make two trips to the LHBS today because I couldn't find the maltodextrine that was supposed to be in the kit and then I somehow lost one of the doses of hops. Unfortunately, the LHBS didn't have that exact style hops (Hersbrucker) and recommended Mt Hood instead, so I went with that. Hopefully it'll turn out well.

Just finished a batch if my Mystic Fox Res w/ my daughter. After a little
More cleanup we'll pitch with Wyeast Northwest Ale and oxygenate before putting it in the ferm chamber.
ESB on Friday.

100% Brett Trois and Brett C IPA with citra, mosaic and nelson. This is only second IPA I've brewed in the 3 years I've been brewing.

Brewing up a hoppy IPA Friday & BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde on Sunday. Gotta get these into the fermenter so they are ready for the Super Bowl party!

Planning to brew up an IPA made with some yeast that was frozen but came back from the dead (hence the name will be Frankenstein IPA).

However I am debating on what to do since the saison I made Sunday is in my primary fridge (Kolsch is lagering the other fridge). I had hoped that the WY3711 would eat through the beer quickly, but it's now 3 days in and still bubbling away at 1-2 bubbles per second. I raised the temperature by putting a pot of hot water in the fridge (and setting the controller to off), so now it's going nicely at 80F (was at about 72 for the first two days, from what I've read it can handle higher temps and puts off some nice flavors too). I am thinking either I will have to do the IPA at ambient (which is 68-72 in my apartment) or pull the saison out and leave it at ambient (had planned to do that for it's secondary anyways).

Just brewed the Firestone Walker Wookey Jack black rye IPA clone today. Stir plate is doing its thing right now. Pitching tomorrow night.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Did a 5 gallon Dunkelweizen kit yesterday. Had to go buy replacement hops because mine disappeared sometime during steeping the specialty grains. :(

Brewing my first "Real" batch of beer on Saturday. Plan on cleaning everything tomorrow and having it all laid out for Saturday morning. Up until this point I have been using Mr. Beer and their kits, but I finally have a Williams Premium Brewing Home Brew Set-up and their Tripple Hop Ale kit (K35). I plan to do this as my first true batch and then will do my first "non kit" of German Hefeweizen next. Wish me luck!

-Sapp

I have been working on a Gluten Free stout recipe for a couple weeks now and I feel I am at a spot with it now where I can brew it, So I am going to run a test batch of this. Lets hope it works out well

I have been working on a Gluten Free stout recipe for a couple weeks now and I feel I am at a spot with it now where I can brew it, So I am going to run a test batch of this. Lets hope it works out well

Skemp45
Could you please let me know how the gf stout comes out?? I have a friend who loves stouts and just found out that she has celiacs disease so I've been looking for a gf stout to make for her. Thanks.

Brewed a Simcoe SMaSH IPA yesterday, despite the -20° C conditions. When it's that cold, you have to adjust your planning a little. I couldn't use my garden hose (it was frozen solid), so I had to set up a second pump and ice water bath to run through my plate chiller. Ball valves got clogged with ice. The tubing I use for my chilling equipment was very rigid and uncooperative. My hands were frozen. Buckets froze to the floor of my garage. On the bright side, chilling took no time at all. :) From boiling down to 62° F (and still dropping so fast you could see the needle moving) in 10 minutes.

Brewed up the Lefthand Milk Stout Clone. Og was at 1.070.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Home Brew mobile app

Skemp45
Could you please let me know how the gf stout comes out?? I have a friend who loves stouts and just found out that she has celiacs disease so I've been looking for a gf stout to make for her. Thanks.

Of course I will, I will give you the recipe too when its done!!

Just brewed up a basic Kolsch mini mash. Seemed to go well. Ended up with a temp adjusted OG of preboil of 1.016 with 3 1/2 gallons. OG goal was 1.044. I got 1.046. It was likely higher because I used a 750ml yeast starter. Best part was that I cooled the wort down to 66* in 22 minutes with nothing but an ice water bath.

Brewed this years rendition of my yearly changing black IPA. This year with warrior, au Stella, and au topaz. Can't wait for this!

Brewing up a IPA on the one's ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388818104.610319.jpg

Will be brewing two beers tomorrow - 10 gal of an all Nelson ipa and 5 gal of a Saison to play with ECY20. Get to try out my new Speidel 60L and ranco dual stage temp controller too! Time to go prep some starters!

Brewing an Oatmeal Stout. Had to sub chocolate Wheat because LHBS was our of choc. Malt. Hope it turns out alright!

I am trying to motivate myself to get off my butt and start up a repeat the zombie dust clone I made before. It was too good. So far I have gotten the smoker up and running (pulled pork). Now my only problem is, I have to transfer 10 gallons of cream ale to keg so I have space in the fermentation chamber and a free fermenter to put my wort in.

Looks like I'll have a late start on my pumpkin Dort. this morning. I have to clear 2 inches of snow off the driveway first.

At least it will give my MLT time to warm up in the kitchen because that's where I'll be mashing.

Brewing 5 gallons of Jamil's ordinary bitter recipe (my wife is a sucker for all things English!) and breaking in a new 10 gallon kettle, SP10 burner, and immersion chiller. Really excited to brew on my new setup, and the ground water is going to be COLD today!

With these three additions to my setup, I'm finally "done" with collecting the brewing/fermenting equipment I want...I guess a kegging setup is next :)

JK

Since today is the only day for the foreseeable future that will be above zero!, I'm brewing two batches. Little Sumpin Sumpin and Jamil's Evil Twin.

Back