Official 2010 "Pay it Forward" Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two thumbs up on the awesomest thread I've seen on here! I am really impressed and inspired by such generosity, I have to take part.

I started in winemaking, maybe someone out there has too...

Up for grabs are about 5 dozen winebottles, 3 dozen are the burgundy style, light brownish-green, and the 2 dozen two are bordeaux style, green in color. All have been washed and delabled. All that would be required is a good once-over, maybe a rinse, and sanitizing.

One catch. I don't think I could afford to ship these. Glass is big, heavy, and fragile. I'm an hour south of St. Louis, you can pick up, or we can arrange a meet.

Last friday I received a shipment from Keg Connection and I received the wrong style of air-line splitter for my system. Instead of sending it back, the owner of Keg Connection Todd, liked the idea of offering this up to someone who could use this via this thread. It is sized for 5/16 air hose and the hose should be soak in hot water for 20-30 seconds prior to inserting the cross splitter.

Thus I have a 4 way stainless steel 5/16 line cross piece up for grabs courtesy of the nice folks mentioned above.

1212002047.jpg

Last friday I received a shipment from Keg Connection and I received the wrong style of air-line splitter for my system. Instead of sending it back, the owner of Keg Connection Todd, liked the idea of offering this up to someone who could use this via this thread. It is sized for 5/16 air hose and the hose should be soak in hot water for 20-30 seconds prior to inserting the cross splitter.

Thus I have a 4 way stainless steel 5/16 line cross piece up for grabs courtesy of the nice folks mentioned above.

PM sent!

I love the idea of this thread. I'm gonna go home and clean out all my nooks and crannies. Since I don't know anyone face2face who brews or vints I have all kinds of usfull stuff to share, not worth putting on e-bay that I have out grown.

I love the idea of this thread. I'm gonna go home and clean out all my nooks and crannies. Since I don't know anyone face2face who brews or vints I have all kinds of usfull stuff to share, not worth putting on e-bay that I have out grown.

I will be keeping my eye out for this one! im a new brewer, and im sure there is something i can use :rockin:

I have 2 Pin Lock QDs to give away. One is barbed and the other has the screwon adapter thingy. The barbs are different sizes. Wish I could tell you which sizes they are, but I'm at work and they are not. I'm all about Ball Lock now, since my supplier gets them exclusively now, so I have no use for them.

THEY ARE GONE! to Quadfire.

I have 2 Pin Lock QDs to give away. One is barbed and the other has the screwon adapter thingy. The barbs are different sizes. Wish I could tell you which sizes they are, but I'm at work and they are not. I'm all about Ball Lock now, since my supplier gets them exclusively now, so I have no use for them.

I'll take those off your hands :ban:

1/2 lb Crystal 10
1/2 lb Crystal 40
1/2 lb Dextrin Malt
1/4 lb Pale Chocolate

Individually bagged - not mixed together

All bought in the past month at the LHBS and are the left overs from recipes. Vacuum sealed with original bag / tags included inside.

ALL UNMILLED - will put in a flat rate box and ship GONE TO jacobi3232

Thanks PaulHilgeman for the SNPA Handle. Now I need to scavenge and see what I have to get rid of. I've got plenty for local pick up like bottles, but I'll have to see what I have that wouldn't break me in shipping.

ANything you're looking for specifically? I have 8 tupperwear bins full of grain and want to parse it down to 4

B

Coffee, are you still trying to do this? If so I'll take one of those flatrates of grain off your hands. Just let me know if I you want me to PM you or not.

Received my new beer can chicken holder yesterday. Thanks again, bad coffee!

GONE TO hiberntepaths

Original taker was unable to pick up, so these are back in.

I'll offer up two 1/2 barrel kegs. Would be great as part of an all grain starter kit. I think they call these "fat boy" kegs. They are fatter around the middle, not straight sided. Local pickup only near Champaign, IL.

DSC_1861.JPG

This is the only time I can recall really wishing I lived in Illinois...

Someone is gonna have a very Merry Christmas thanks to you my extremely generous friend.

Cheers :mug:

I'll offer up two 1/2 barrel kegs. Would be great as part of an all grain starter kit. I think they call these "fat boy" kegs. They are fatter around the middle, not straight sided. Local pickup only near Champaign, IL.

DSC_1861.JPG

They also make GREAT fermenters for larger batches! Just remove the spear & put an orange carboy cap stretched over the neck and you're ready to go!

id like to offer up a 6 gallon glass carboy. right now ill say local pickup only. i live in dayton, virginia. zip 22821. if no one can pick it up, ill check on shipping prices.

GONE - to ezzieyguywuf

I can spare a 5gal glass carboy for pick-up in Quebec City (I got 4 of them cheap on kijiji and don't need them all).

Interested in the 6 gallon carboy if you can't find someone local.

I finally got around to looking through my stuff, and I have a crown bottle capper, unused, still in it's package. I also have two sets of pin-lock QDs.

If anyone is interested in the bottle capper, I ask that you pay shipping. The QDs are small and light enough that I can pay the shipping.

Any takers?

QD's gone to infection
bottle capper gone to nootay

I finally got around to looking through my stuff, and I have a crown bottle capper, unused, still in it's package. I also have two sets of pin-lock QDs.

If anyone is interested in the bottle capper, I ask that you pay shipping. The QDs are small and light enough that I can pay the shipping.

Any takers?

I'll take the pinlock QD's if available

QD's recieved, thanks a bunch homebeerbrewer!!!

Coffee, are you still trying to do this? If so I'll take one of those flatrates of grain off your hands. Just let me know if I you want me to PM you or not.

Sure, send me a PM with your info and what kinds of stuff you want. Also include whatever hops you use. I have about 8 pounds and need to thin out.

B

bad_coffee, if you're looking to thin out some hops too I'd take you up on that offer. I realize you put a lot of stuff up on here, so I'd be happy to pay shipping.

DSC_1861.JPG

wow, wish i lived closer. if you ever get up to the quad cities area let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back