How Often Do You Check HBT?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Often Do You Check HBT?

• Once every few days.

• Once a day.

• Twice a day.

• I am a post whore; I post all day.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
Just wondering. On a slow day at work, I'm on all day, and I just refresh every hour or so to check new posts. Otherwise, I just search for things that interest me.

OldFarmer said:
You're not a loser, fer gods sake, you're a mod. Somebody's got to do it....:)

Amen, OldFarmer. I don't have the wisdom nor the patience to be a mod so I have the utmost respect for those that do. Thanks for keeping us civil, Yooper et al.

I am now inching closer to post whoredom, now that i am over one grand!

Cheers

I read a lot throughout the day. I don't post half as much as I read. If I'm busy with work, I might only log on twice in a day. During the week though, I'm on here and another forum way more than I should be :mug:

Of the top 15 post-whores (I'm #13 currently), I've been a member the shortest amount of time. What else can I say?

I usually lurk earlier in the day, then I'll log in if I see a question I can help with or if a new brewer needs a welcoming. When I get off work, I tend to post a bit more and will usually check it a few times, esp if there is a thread that interests me.

I check fairly often during the day mostly because I hate to hit the new posts listing and see ~200 posts to skim through. I like answering the beginners threads etc too so that takes a long time in one sitting. I'm most active at night though.

Who wants go guess how I voted? ;)

I was away for the weekend with the wife, and specifically vowed to NOT check HBT when I was gone. She had her laptop and I *could* have, she offered to let me use it and check, but I really wanted/needed to get away from all you mo'fo's for a couple of days. :D

Come back - and there's like three or four hundred unread threads!

Way too much, that's for sure. It's all in the name of good beer though, so that makes it ok. :p

Seems this week I've been checking in about every half hour during the day. I work in IT, so I'm just about always on a PC. My motorcycle forums are slowing down some right now since the season's coming to an end for most northern bikers. It also seems that those forums get a little nasty this time of year, because guys are putting up their machines for the winter and taking comments online a little too personally...

The opposite seems true here. As the temps drop some the brewing season seems to be picking up. Aside from the hops shortage, it seems pretty upbeat around here!:fro:

I try to post as many pictures as posts...

If a picture is worth a thousand words...you guys can eat my dust.

picpost#.jpg

Drunkensatyr said:
I am assuming the post whore = my every 30 sec. refresh.......

Ha! Sometimes I feel like a lab rat pushing a button for food, cocaine,etc. ! When work's slow, I refresh every minute or so, like, "C'mon, man....ya gotta help me out! Just one more hit! Please!

[YOUTUBE]PXM9IzZcFME[/YOUTUBE]

Back