1st 2 kits ever...NB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRIPLEMSU

Reaction score
i got these kits:

***american wheat beer...and i will be doing a secondary with fruit (not sure what kind yet)***

any suggestions???? THIS WILL BE MY 1ST KIT EVER AND I AM KEGGING

***inkeeper***

i was thinking of just doing this in primary for 3-4 weeks and kegging 2-3 weeks before drinking...not doing any dry-hopping or fruits...so no need for secondary.

ANY ADVISE ON ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HELP OR ENHANCE MY 1ST EXPERIENCE LET ME KNOW

Wait... your first time brewing with a kit or your first time brewing?

If it is your first time brewing you need to focus on procedure/technique and not worry about adding any steps to the process.

The Bitter shouldn't need to be in the fermentor for more than two weeks, and you can pretty much drink it as soon as it's carbonated.

On the wheat... I'd use Vintner's Harvest fruit puree for quality and ease of use. One can should be enough for a wheat. Just pick whichever one sounds best to you.

1st time brewing ever...i have assisted my good friend multiple x's but this will be my 1st time on my own...

so i was thinking of keeping it simple and to the point...except the wheat beer adding fruit to secondary for 7 days...nothing crazy...

Ahh, welcome to the hobby. :)

I actually just got the American Wheat kit myself and am doing my first BIAB with it this weekend. Just going to run it as is though as I find the kits to be pretty well put together and I want to focus on the process being my first BIAB.

i am new to this...what is "Vintner's Harvest fruit puree" ?????

when do i put it in the beer? is it a liquid that i put in...or actually fruit that i can put in a sanitized hop bag for secondary??

i am new to this...what is "Vintner's Harvest fruit puree" ?????

when do i put it in the beer? is it a liquid that i put in...or actually fruit that i can put in a sanitized hop bag for secondary??

It's a sterile, canned, seedless fruit puree that is available from most homebrew shops. Using it requires nothing but opening the can and pouring it into the carboy. Saves you a lot of the hassle that comes with working with "raw" fruit.

Sounds like a great idea...can I put in hops bag??? Sounds like it can get messy and leave some floaties in my keg after siphoning.

I brewed the American Wheat kit over the summer. When I bottled it, I added 1 ml blackberry flavoring to 18 bottles, 1 ml peach flavoring to 18 bottles, then bottled the rest "plain". I liked both of the flavored beers, but I didn't care too much for the plain one. My friends said they liked it, though.

Back