Plastic fermenter container

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was mainly concern about that valve looking thing on the side of it. If I'm only doing 5 gallon batches right now, I should just buy the 8 right not the 13? Also I'm thinking the handles might might it a lot easier to move around

Not seeing any valve on it either. They look pretty sweet. I can see that 12 gallon one being great for 10 gallon batches as well.

It's in the third picture

$T2eC16FHJHwE9n8igr+QBQeb1vtZ2!~~60_1.JPG

I see, left and right black plastic handle, and the metal clamp mechanism for the lid.

Oh is that little port really a valve though? Seems like it would be a pretty good container but does it need to be food grade?

Since they are local to me (about 30 miles) I am going to buy 1 or 2, even if I end up using them for dog food storage.

Well considering you clamp down the lid, that is more than likely going to serve as your pressure release valve. Rather than putting an airlock on it, stick a plastic hose in there, and run it to a container of santiizer and you have a blowoff tube.

ooo fancy built in airlock! You could contact them and ask them what it is used for in particular.

I looked at w 13 gallon one and it said it was used to store packaged medicine. Also said they were rinsed out and stuff.

I saw several 15 gallon ones at the army surplus store the other day for 20 bucks. I wish I had bought a couple now since they sold out

Will do... Hopefully Its decent. I need another fermentor anyhow. A better bottle is 27 dollars plus tax so I might pick up another one of these if they are nice.

Rys, thanks for the post!!! I live really close, arranging to pick up 2 on Sat..

Hey no problem... Hopefully this thing is nice. Lemmie know how they are seeing as how youll get yours before I get mine Im guessing.

Sure I'll let you know... the way I look at it if it doesn't work out at least I will have a dedicated StarSan bucket now

Ok went and picked up 2 barrels... They are very sturdy and what I thought was cool was the handles can snap in and out when needed...

image-1924036977.jpg

It looks like there was some sort of pull tab to "open" or vent the barrel kind of like a pull tab... one had it the other didn't...

image-516690793.jpg

Ok barrel doesn't seal like buckets with that snap on the lid..., I pushed down lid in barrel with knee and sealed with clamp and turned upside down 4 gals StarSan

image-3013249794.jpg

The other barrel is soaking in baking soda water mix then oxi clean... May use it next week for a Hef... not sure whether I want to drill out for bung or airlock... I think I've got grommets somewhere

Yes he as a bunch that pic with the 13 gal is in front of his garage and you can see it is full to the front with barrels. The 13 gal one is not too big shorter than the 8 gal just wider in the middle the lid has handles to screw it on he said he has them posted on his ebay.

OK. I saw em on eBay when I ordered my 8 gal. I was going to get a 13 gallon but wanted another 8 for now.

Back